Realsitic Drum

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I'm trying to make a realistic drum & bass on lmms. I need an external (and free) multiband compressor or/and a reverb effects to add some space, any suggestion what will worked well for lmms? (the ones listed doesn't fit with what I need)

I want to create a realistic drum & bass play pure with lmms only.

Also, please drop some advise on how to enhance following WIP drum track with lmms:
https://soundcloud.com/bayo-10/lmms-realistic-drum

thanks!
It sounds pretty good so far. The samples sound good, and you had good reverb and panning. One thing that needs to be fixed is the kick drum— it's too quiet. Lower the bass guitar level, and try to carve out some more space for the kick using EQ on the bass and on everything else.

As for the plugins you're asking for; I have no clue. I mostly use native LMMS effects, like C* plate reverb. I don't use multiband compression, so I can't recommend anything there either (although there is also a built in effect for that).
This sounds cool. 8-)
Nice instrument sounds dude. 8-)
Yep. Just as Snarf said, the kick is too quiet.
But so far, it's sounding good. 8-)
I'd recommend you to actually go out and try to sidechain the bass to the kick, it doesn't need to be extreme, but it'll leave the kick some breathing room. Another option is highpassing the kick. I'd also recommend to compress the kick.

As far as the samples go, they sound good to me, but the snare is always played on a constant volume, and that's not something that happens in real life, so I'd recommend you to play around with the velocity levels, so it sounds more 'human'.
Thank you guys!

Ya the kick is still a problem. I thought a multiband compress would be good to enhance the kick. It's also kind of a dilemma, if I hear the kick louder/clearer, it won't fit if I use it for a pop ballad song.

I will make the lmms file as template, I will make a lot of drum & bass track to record songs I wrote and for practicing my guitar skill at home.

I will try to solve the kick with your solutions and be back with the result.

@brandystarbrite
Nice instrument sounds dude. 8-)
Just a selection from hundreds drum samples over the net. I had to tweak them out side the lmms so I won't need too many vst in lmms, still need a work but yea they sounds better. =)

@umcaruje

actually there's a section when I use the 'blue gradient' on the beat editor for the snare and others, maybe I should use it more clearer and in more bars. Will work on this as well.

Thanks again, all!
Hi,

I updated the drum track, I don't know but it sounds better. Any more suggestion please?

https://soundcloud.com/bayo-10/lmms-realistic-drum-2

The Snare already have different velocity on each hit around 70-100 %, it don't seems enough. Is there a vst effect that able to manipulate random velocity to be used for the Snare?

Thanks!