Hybrid Orchestral in LMMS

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hey everyone,
Spent 2 weeks on this latest song. It's a little bit short, but I spent so much time building it up track by track and mixing it. It's made up of more than 90 parts.
You can listen to it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooOxSMQ-m1Y
It's not on Soundcloud yet as I haven't made the Soundcloud cover art for it yet.
Open to constructive criticism as usual, I still have a lot to learn. 8-)
Very exciting. I can definitely imagine it being used in a science fiction film.
Thank you! What exactly do you imagine when you listen to it? I imagined a lost character exploring an unfamiliar barren place after... (imagination fills in how they got there)
Grey Sun wrote:Very exciting. I can definitely imagine it being used in a science fiction film.
Gideon Stephen wrote:Thank you! What exactly do you imagine when you listen to it? I imagined a lost character exploring an unfamiliar barren place after... (imagination fills in how they got there)
Grey Sun wrote:Very exciting. I can definitely imagine it being used in a science fiction film.
You know those 'look how big this spaceship is!' shots in Sci-fi movies in which an enormous craft is shown slowly and gradually? I'm picturing that.
Grey Sun wrote:
Gideon Stephen wrote:Thank you! What exactly do you imagine when you listen to it? I imagined a lost character exploring an unfamiliar barren place after... (imagination fills in how they got there)
You know those 'look how big this spaceship is!' shots in Sci-fi movies in which an enormous craft is shown slowly and gradually? I'm picturing that.
I can imagine that now - it would fit a scene like that really well.
Great job! This is a very inspirational orchestral piece
I like it. It starts off almost as an ambient/drone piece then gets more dramatic. OTOH what I'm hearing is more like those shots in the Westerns where the wind is whistling across the prairie and you're wondering what's going to ride over the horizon.

I'd say it's definitely worth putting in some time to extend it a bit.

Steve
slipstick wrote:I like it. It starts off almost as an ambient/drone piece then gets more dramatic. OTOH what I'm hearing is more like those shots in the Westerns where the wind is whistling across the prairie and you're wondering what's going to ride over the horizon.

I'd say it's definitely worth putting in some time to extend it a bit.

Steve
Yeah, I could do a remake some time in the near future.
j7h18 wrote:Great job! This is a very inspirational orchestral piece
Thanks!
Wooah! Epic!!
The start up part, from 0 to 20 secs sounds like it's for an intro for a Metroid Prime game.
Afterwards, when the choir voice kicks in, I kinda find it sounds, like a space cowboyish,
Galaxy Rangers type movie. 8-)

I agree with all of the imaginative comments posted above. I get all of those vibes, listening to this track too.
And it really does sound, like a big space ship sailing slowly across space, a western and a space explorer
on a barren world.
And all of that molded into one, equals Galaxy Rangers or Metroid, or some epic space movie. Lol! 8-)

The space planet desert pic, used for the vid, suits the track perfectly. Very cool.

Great orchestral music dude.
Perfect for a movie or epic video game.