My First Dubstep Song!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hello! my Name is DJ FlyingPankakez. I have been wanting to share my First song for a while now, but, required parental consent :lol: . it is Dubstep, but it's softer in the melody, i hope y'all like it!

---------------------------------------------https://soundcloud.com/user-192061796/m ... ----------
Not that bad, but requires some better snares.
Me likey.
SonicSpeed wrote:Not that bad, but requires some better snares.
Me likey.
Thanks! The snare does need to be better, but it was a step up from what i was using, it was uh...less than optimal.
I like what you did with this music. Especially how you used that synth sound, for the melody.
And the other one, that starts from 1:08 secs.

But I'll be honest, this is not straight dubstep. It's dubstep and melodious synth music, mixed together well.

What snare sound did you use, for this track? Was it a snare that came with Lmms, or is it a 3rd party one?
Normally I withhold making comments until I have a chance to hear songs on my headphones or sound system, but I really like these melodies. I'd have to agree with brandystarbrite, this isn't exactly 'true' Dubstep. It fits more as a melodic variant of Dubstep, which in my opinion is the best kind around nowadays. When I get a chance to hear it in full, I'll give you my opinions as to instrumentation.
brandystarbrite wrote:I like what you did with this music. Especially how you used that synth sound, for the melody.
And the other one, that starts from 1:08 secs.

But I'll be honest, this is not straight dubstep. It's dubstep and melodious synth music, mixed together well.

What snare sound did you use, for this track? Was it a snare that came with Lmms, or is it a 3rd party one?
Wow thanks! i didn't think it would receive such good feedback! You're right, its not straight dubstep, and i knew that i wanted to do some "Soft" Dubstep when i started making it, is there a genre of dubstep like that?. Snares are a mixture of 3rd party snares, i have made my own snares with a mix of LMMS snares before, but they sound weak and not fit for the song. I will link the snares i used if you want!
davisjacobym wrote:Normally I withhold making comments until I have a chance to hear songs on my headphones or sound system, but I really like these melodies. I'd have to agree with brandystarbrite, this isn't exactly 'true' Dubstep. It fits more as a melodic variant of Dubstep, which in my opinion is the best kind around nowadays. When I get a chance to hear it in full, I'll give you my opinions as to instrumentation.
Thanks! Melodic Dubstep, i will look into this.
DJ FlyingPankakez wrote:
davisjacobym wrote:Normally I withhold making comments until I have a chance to hear songs on my headphones or sound system, but I really like these melodies. I'd have to agree with brandystarbrite, this isn't exactly 'true' Dubstep. It fits more as a melodic variant of Dubstep, which in my opinion is the best kind around nowadays. When I get a chance to hear it in full, I'll give you my opinions as to instrumentation.
I strongly recommend these songs if you want good examples:
Worlds Apart (feat. Kerli) - Seven Lions
Fortress (feat. Joni Fatora) - Illenium
Foundations (feat. Adara) - MitiS

Also, I have a mashup/remix heavily inspired by melodic variants of drumstep (a hybrid of drum and bass + Dubstep). It can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/davisjacobym/sl- ... ds-lux-mix

If you find a niche in the melodic dubstep/drumstep style, lemme know, cause I eat that stuff up. Who knows, maybe we can even do a collab or something.
davisjacobym wrote:
DJ FlyingPankakez wrote:
I strongly recommend these songs if you want good examples:
Worlds Apart (feat. Kerli) - Seven Lions
Fortress (feat. Joni Fatora) - Illenium
Foundations (feat. Adara) - MitiS

Also, I have a mashup/remix heavily inspired by melodic variants of drumstep (a hybrid of drum and bass + Dubstep). It can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/davisjacobym/sl- ... ds-lux-mix

If you find a niche in the melodic dubstep/drumstep style, lemme know, cause I eat that stuff up. Who knows, maybe we can even do a collab or something.
Wow! Those songs were (we're, where, one of those) amazing! I think my favorite was Worlds Apart.

I absolutely love drumstep, i made a remake of tristam and brakens Flight. Seeing as though I have only been doing this seriously for about a month or so. I thought doing someone else's song would help me understand how music is made. And since then I have been much better at making electronic music.

A collab?! That would be so cool. Let me get a little more confident in my music making (and sound making) skillz, then let's talk lol.

FYI, I'm as old as you are when you learn basic algebra.
Wow! Those songs were (we're, where, one of those) amazing! I think my favorite was Worlds Apart.

I absolutely love drumstep, i made a remake of tristam and brakens Flight. Seeing as though I have only been doing this seriously for about a month or so. I thought doing someone else's song would help me understand how music is made. And since then I have been much better at making electronic music.

A collab?! That would be so cool. Let me get a little more confident in my music making (and sound making) skillz, then let's talk lol.

FYI, I'm as old as you are when you learn basic algebra.
Fine by me, the more experience you get, the better. You could always try your hand remixing LMMS artist songs. You can usually find those in either the main music chat or general chat. But given your level of understanding, I'd probably take care of the chord progressions and let you handle the melodies.