LMMS Samples Challenge

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Current challenge: November 2016
Start: 31st October
End: 30th November
Restrictions: LMMS only, no external resources (VST plugins, soundfonts, etc.)

Each month a new list of 10 stock LMMS samples will be published.
Participants use those samples to create a project, showcasing their creative skills and ways of using LMMS.
Project files can be shared via the LMMS Sharing Platform (LSP) or some service like Dropbox.
Sharing an export that can be streamed/downloaded (preferably via SoundCloud) is highly recommended.
Post links to your submissions on this forum topic.
Feedback and discussion of entries are welcome and encouraged.

The 10 samples for the November 2016 challenge:
basses/techno_synth01.ogg
bassloopes/briff01.ogg
beats/electro_beat02.ogg
drums/bassdrum_acoustic01.ogg
drums/sidestick01.ogg
effects/wind_chimes01.ogg
instruments/violin_pizzicato01.ogg
latin/metalish_dong01.ogg
stringsnpads/heaven_strings01.ogg
stringsnpads/orion_string01.ogg

Blank projects with the samples imported can be downloaded here: https://lmms.io/lsp/?action=browse&user=LMMSSC

Additional info:
All samples on the list have to be used. Other stock samples and native plugins are allowed, as well as multiple tracks of the same sample.

Although not encouraged, you are allowed to use external resources during the making of your project, but they have to be removed before sharing the project. This can be useful when you want to use analysis plugins like SPAN.

You can also do a remix, as long as you use the samples on the list.

Be creative and have fun!
Oh dear. The only kick is from the break beat. O_O
Leche wrote:Oh dear. The only kick is from the break beat. O_O
Better get creative ;)
Ok, just for clarification: we have to use these 10 stock samples and no other stock samples. Are we allowed to use native LMMS plugins, or would that defeat the concept? And no VSTs means I can't use Voxengo SPAN? :(

EDIT: Also, are we allowed to use multiple tracks of the same sample?
Snarf wrote:Ok, just for clarification: we have to use these 10 stock samples and no other stock samples. Are we allowed to use native LMMS plugins, or would that defeat the concept? And no VSTs means I can't use Voxengo SPAN? :(

EDIT: Also, are we allowed to use multiple tracks of the same sample?
Other stock samples and native plugins are allowed, as well as multiple tracks of the same sample.

Although not encouraged, you are allowed to use external resources during the making of your project, but they have to be removed before sharing the project. This can be useful when you want to use analysis plugins like SPAN.

A silent track due to missing external resource is frowned upon, and if this challenge were to be a contest, it would disqualify you. A missing resource due to differences in LMMS versions would not disquality you, as it is considered an internal resource.
...i think that string pad is not in tune...it sounds so bad :cry:

and that guitar is so hard to work with.
DJ FlyingPankakez wrote:...i think that string pad is not in tune...it sounds so bad :cry:

and that guitar is so hard to work with.
He! He! That's the reason it's called Lmms Samples Challenge. :D
It's supposed to be very challenging. :lol:
https://lmms.io/lsp/?action=show&file=9340

In gaming terms, Yure unlocked an achievement: First Entry! :D

Impressive usage of the samples. Never knew a cowbell could sound like that.
The reverb on the master could be removed. Going for reverb on individual tracks would have been better.
Nice melodies with the filter_sweep01.ogg!
caLRo wrote:https://lmms.io/lsp/?action=show&file=9340

In gaming terms, Yure unlocked an achievement: First Entry! :D

Impressive usage of the samples. Never knew a cowbell could sound like that.
The reverb on the master could be removed. Going for reverb on individual tracks would have been better.
Nice melodies with the filter_sweep01.ogg!
Oh man, once I find a way out to use that stupid guitar...lol.

I may chop it up a bit...actually, that's what I'm going to do.
https://lmms.io/lsp/?action=show&file=9347

heres mine. im proud that i got it to sound eh. but all of the samples were out of tune. i hate samples.

EDIT: i even changed the pitch to see if it would sound better...