[Hardstyle] Step Forward

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hey! :D

This time I present you my new euphoric hardstyle track - "Step Forward". The track contains awesome vocals by snowflake - http://ccmixter.org/files/snowflake/38226 :D

Preview: https://soundcloud.com/outermindmusic/s ... k-download
Full version: https://www.twine.fm/OuterMind/c18dnb0/ ... ep-forward

Enjoy! :D

EDIT: Download MP3 file - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx6dzi ... ZLUmM/view :)
I think you need to credit Suzuki for lending you the bike... :P

Il repeat myself. Your tracks live because you have the great melodic part (2mins) and you know how to build with it in the 'wilder' section - <3
The vocals are just sexy. Thanks for link!
Not typically a fan of hard style, but I will say this I was pretty awesome! The melody was awesome.

Good job!
musikbear wrote:Il repeat myself. Your tracks live because you have the great melodic part (2mins) and you know how to build with it in the 'wilder' section - <3
The vocals are just sexy. Thanks for link!
DJ FlyingPankakez wrote:Not typically a fan of hard style, but I will say this I was pretty awesome! The melody was awesome.

Good job!
Thank you! :D
This track sounds boss. 8-)
Nice poetic voice vocals.

Ahh, CCmixter. Who could forget that site. Lots of cool musical stuff there. :)
I remember finding/joining that site many years ago, when I was just starting off, in Lmms.
And I didn't know, how to make a pluck sound. :P :cry:
It brings back, so many good old memories. :D
brandystarbrite wrote:This track sounds boss. 8-)
Thank you! :D
Nice poetic voice vocals.
Thanks to snowflake for the amazing piece of vocals :D
Ahh, CCmixter. Who could forget that site. Lots of cool musical stuff there. :)
I remember finding/joining that site many years ago, when I was just starting off, in Lmms.
And I didn't know, how to make a pluck sound. :P :cry:
It brings back, so many good old memories. :D
Agreed, CCmixter has some of the good stuff there like vocals I used. :)
Hey, it's a nice track. I was just wondering, how did you make the kick? I've been struggling for a long time to make a good hardstyle kick, but the distortion FX are really bad for lmms.
Sum wrote:Hey, it's a nice track. I was just wondering, how did you make the kick? I've been struggling for a long time to make a good hardstyle kick, but the distortion FX are really bad for lmms.
I'm bad at explanation, but I'll try. For making kicks I use (only free plugins) - an instrument named Drumatic 3 (put it on a B2 or C3 note for a kick sound (lengthen a bit with 'speed' knob) (BIGROOMKIXSYNTH is also very good free kick VST) clip, distortion (for example I use VST named Delta Force - multiband distortion), filter (for example EngineersFilter or Delta Filter), waveshaper (I use default waveshaper, but you can use any other). And I play with it - editing kick length envelope, punch depth, distortion, filter, distortion, eq-ing sometimes, waveshpaing, tweaking the knobs (for ex. freq on filter, distortion drive, dry/wet knobs) etc. until the sound is good, then I export the sounds (each different) as multiple samples (punch, tail), then I layer it with some or a lot of tweaking (for me it takes about 4-10 active layers, I usually put samples in Beat/Bassline editor). Then I export it and post-process in Audacity (aka further tweaking). To make a good kick, lots of practice is needed. There are many tutorials on YouTube, how to make HS kick, so you can look up for them if you want to (users may use different plugins and the methods may vary).
Awesome ! Long time I didn't go there and I'm really impressed by your song and box much you improved ! Your kick is PERFECT in my opinion, the best is that you make it yourself with free plugins ;)
Synth are awesome too, how did you make them sounds so wide ??
Percs are great from the beginning, melody is perfect and sounds so good !
Mixing is perfect for me, hard kick followed by a nice bassy feeling !
You just show to the world that lmms is good to make any genre including hardstyle ;)
Congrats & keep up the good job ;)
T0NIT0RMX wrote:Awesome ! Long time I didn't go there and I'm really impressed by your song and box much you improved ! Your kick is PERFECT in my opinion, the best is that you make it yourself with free plugins ;)
Synth are awesome too, how did you make them sounds so wide ??
Percs are great from the beginning, melody is perfect and sounds so good !
Mixing is perfect for me, hard kick followed by a nice bassy feeling !
You just show to the world that lmms is good to make any genre including hardstyle ;)
Congrats & keep up the good job ;)
Thank you for such amazing words, man! :D

For stereo difference I use LADSPA named "Calf Stereo Tools" and just set "Delay" to a certain value. And/or I add a bit of stereo effects (to some synths) like reverb (subtle amount, not too much and not on kick, otherwise the track will sound muddy (I use MVerb - not installed by default, had to install via Synaptic with KXStudio repos)) or echo delay (LADSPA Calf Vintage Delay to melodic instruments (mostly some, not all), not to percussive ones). Sometimes I add "fancy" effects like phaser (I used it for screech) and auto-panner (used to the backing growl (in intro, second climax part and outro)), if I want. :)