Noob WIP - advice needed

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi,

This is my very first track so be gentle ;)
I set out to make a trance track, but I'm not quite sure what I have ended up with...
So,
-what genre is this actually?
-how do I improve it?

http://soundcloud.com/20feetputt/hole-1-20121114

TIA
Wow! This is a very awesomely neat track! :o Very soothing, calming and very easy to listen to. I like it.
You're very very close to a Trance track. But it's a much more "calming version" of trance. Haven't heard this style in a while. Your style is original and nice.
But this version, is great the way it is. You have the main skills to make a Trance track, as this song proves it.
If you desire to make it sound more like Full Trance, all it needs is some fast build up, fast beating drums hihats etc. And your imagination. It's all up to you.

What instrument plug in did you use to make the Pluck notes from 41 secs to 1:22 secs? It's repeated thoughout the song as well.
I'm not sure what "Trance" music is, but I really liked this. :D
Thanks for those encouragements :)
What instrument plug in did you use to make the Pluck notes from 41 secs to 1:22 secs? It's repeated thoughout the song as well.
This is the LD-Warm Milk preset from the Trance Essentials sound bank of Synth1.
-Pads at 0:13/0:14 are sort of surprising, put a lowpass on them and remove it slowly.
-Drum roll should have been at the same time as the 0:45 arpegg imo.
-Kick is good in the bass, but it lacks the highend.
-Removing the arpegg at ~1:25 isn't something I would have done.
-When the snare comes in, you really need a stronger kick (don't forget the offbeat bass either)
-2:00 Another shock. Yes, I know you want to merge it together, but merge it one at a time.
-2:44 That's how you stop everything. That transition was good. Drums afterwards still weak though.

General tips: 1. Make percussion (mostly kick) and bass more prominent
2. Add one thing after another, but if you want to remove something remove almost everything (like you did at 2:44), don't remove just 1 instrument and then later add it again.

Genre-wise, this is definitely trance. If that's what you wanted to get, you got it.

Keep in mind that I like your song, I'm just the kind of guy who only gives negative feedback because that's the kind that helps you. Don't be discouraged from me. :)
I take it that you play golf ;) , but seriously the music itself sounds note perfect and the melodies are very catchy, but i tend to agree with Orpheon7 that the drums are weak, the kick gets swallowed up throughout the song, i think you need to get as much information on using compression and equalizing as possible, youtube is your friend for this and there are a lot of fl studio tutorials on these subjects which wont be so alien to LMMS.
Yeah. Thanks for giving him info guy's. I didn't get time to post everything, I wanted to say. But I was gonna do that today. You guy's beat me to it. He! He!
This is the LD-Warm Milk preset from the Trance Essentials sound bank of Synth1.
Thanks for that info bilbo_ baggins. I have Synth 1, so I'll check it out.
I'm not sure what "Trance" music is, but I really liked this.
@ mfox32322. Here's some good examples. FANTASY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6b3OYRKQ9Q
GRAPE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlMm1sQKnJo

There are many different types of Trance music too. Probably way too many. :?

Or you can type in "Trance Music" Or "Armin Van Bureen" on YouTube.

Enjoy!
Thanks for all the useful tips!