Random stuff by dotsnspots

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
So, I have this really bad habit of repeating the same thing over and over (and over) again. So today I made mashed potatoes!

Just felt like sharing... :)
Wow! So the 80's are back. Cool! Ha! Ha! Only kidding.
Nice song though.
I have a really bad habit of making things that just repeat over and over and over again, so this is me trying to break that habit.
FOR Real?! :o

As for the name................"Mash Potatoes?" Hmmm..........................interesting name though.
Probably because it sounds like a mix of a couple different genres of music.
Thanks
As for the name................"Mash Potatoes?" Hmmm..........................interesting name though.
Probably because it sounds like a mix of a couple different genres of music.
It was that, but it was also partly because when I was making it... idk, something about making it just felt like "mashed potatoes!". Lol or maybe I was just reeeaaally tired. :P
I have a really bad habit of making things that just repeat over and over and over again, so this is me trying to break that habit.
Yeah, I usually just get stuck in a simple loop. It is really frustrating. Something else that really frustrates me is that tendency to use fast, loud, more aggressive sounds, and I hate that I depend on drums so much too. This isn't anything like the music I want to make, but for some reason it is what is coming out. :?
Yeah, I usually just get stuck in a simple loop. It is really frustrating. Something else that really frustrates me is that tendency to use fast, loud, more aggressive sounds, and I hate that I depend on drums so much too. This isn't anything like the music I want to make, but for some reason it is what is coming out
Yeah. I understand. "You gotta kick or break that habit, and fast."
Otherwise it'll affect your music pronto! :shock:
You probably know this but, you don't always need drums to make louder sounds. But alot of people go through the "Use Drum's for louder aggressive sound" mentality too. So you're not alone.
Some people go through the "Use Super Saw abuse mentality too." And sometimes it kills their music.

Mash Potatoes? Hmmm................now why all of a sudden, I feel hungry? :shock:
I have no idea. :P
Yeah. I understand. "You gotta kick or break that habit, and fast."
Otherwise it'll affect your music pronto! :shock:
You probably know this but, you don't always need drums to make louder sounds. But alot of people go through the "Use Drum's for louder aggressive sound" mentality too. So you're not alone.
Some people go through the "Use Super Saw abuse mentality too." And sometimes it kills their music.
Well, what I meant was that I do not want to make the faster, louder, more aggressive sounding stuff. I want to make quieter, more relaxed and meaningful stuff, but just tend to drift towards the faster, louder sounds. Sorry, I could have worded my other post better to convey that.
I want to make quieter, more relaxed and meaningful stuff, but just tend to drift towards the faster, louder sounds.
Check out the Lmms Demo called "Ashore." It's really soothing. It'll give you some more inspiration.

Sorry, I could have worded my other post better to convey that.
That's okay. ;)
Check out the Lmms Demo called "Ashore." It's really soothing. It'll give you some more inspiration.
Yeah, I like that one. thanks :)