first attempt

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I've been a classical composer for several years now, and I decided to try playing with creating a track instead. Just to see if I'd like it. :D

turns out I do. 8D

this is what I've done so far ^^ (https://soundcloud.com/amanda-marie-nau ... -version-7)
It's not much, but it's been fun creating it :3

any CnC?
A Classical Composer huh? That's cool.
Wait..............I click the link, and I get this message.......... :? "Oops, looks like we can't find that page!"
Is anyone else getting this? :shock:
oh...that's because I changed my soundcloud url...DERP.

https://soundcloud.com/the-nameless-bar ... -version-8

should mention this is a WiP
Now we're in business! :D

From 1:06 secs I hear "a bit of noisy static, when the volume goes up." And in other parts of the song too, where the volume goes up, to higher frequencies.
Did you use a "Limiter" on it? If not, that'll help with the "Bit of Noisy static."
Also, if you haven't done so already, adding a "Limiter," to the "Master FX" will help your "whole song too." :D
But you probably know this stuff already. He! He!

All in all, this music is very nice. It sounds like Trance Music. Keep composing new songs. I'd love to hear them. :)
how exactly do I go about adding a limiter?
thenamelessbard wrote:how exactly do I go about adding a limiter?
LIMITER: A Limiter prevents your Melody, Song or song from clipping. Or going over a volume level that'll make your song sound distorted.

If you're using, a Lmms Plugin eg. Triple Oscillator, Organic or other. And you want to add a Limiter to it. Then do these things.
To Add a Limiter or other: Go to the FX tab, click on it, press Add Effect button, type in Limiter,( a bunch of Limiters pop up) and select one of your choice.
I use Calf Limiter or Tap Scaling Limiter. Adjust the Limit or Limit level button, depending on the one you're using.

Or, you can go to the FX Mixer, press the add effect button in the Effects Chain and repeat what I said above.
Make sure you press the Lamp on the left hand side of the word "Effects Chain." Green means on. Black means off.
If it's off, the Limiter or Effect you choose, would not take effect. :mrgreen:
I think the Limiter "literally cut down the volume" instead of the "Noise."
Probably too much "Limiter power" was added.
Or it could be SoundCloud playing the fool again. It happens sometimes when uploading Music onto SoundCloud.
You're very close though.
But all in all, it sounds nice though.