Weaponized [EDM]

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I'm back with a song! This is my first attempt at real EDM feel in a piece, I think I didn't go too badly, tell me how I went!

https://soundcloud.com/jackh5278/weaponized

Yea :D

Edit

The youtube version is up, I found the soundcloud was a bit weird and sounded slightly over compressed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFHHHMs--Pw
I always like these type of exciting, energetic tracks, with a few cool tropical synth sounds, thrown into it. 8-)
Much love, for the tropical synth instrument melodies.

Good bass, but the volume on it is too low, especially when you hear it from 58 to 1:12 secs.
I suggest raising the bass volume up, a tiny bit louder.

It's kinda hard to believe, that this is your first attempt at edm. And you did so well.
Great work dude. :)
brandystarbrite wrote:I always like these type of exciting, energetic tracks, with a few cool tropical synth sounds, thrown into it. 8-)
Much love, for the tropical synth instrument melodies.

Good bass, but the volume on it is too low, especially when you hear it from 58 to 1:12 secs.
I suggest raising the bass volume up, a tiny bit louder.

It's kinda hard to believe, that this is your first attempt at edm. And you did so well.
Great work dude. :)
Thanks for the feedback! :D
This was an amazing listen. Good job! :D
peefTube Music wrote:This was an amazing listen. Good job! :D
Thanks man!
Nice medody and great basses. You have my follow :)
M4verick wrote:Nice medody and great basses. You have my follow :)
Thanks for the follow :D
Hey ! Great song ! I'd like to give you a detailed feedback :

00:00 -> 00:15 : (Intro)
It's quite short for an intro imo. An intro is used for DJ's to introduce the next track smoothly you know ? So my advice would be to have a 30 second (up to 1 min) intro, that way you have more chance that DJ's will play your songs in their sets ;) I would have love a kick (highpassed) more present also.

00:15 -> 00:25 (Break1)
Really AWESOME ! Everything needed is here, really good presence of the leads, I really like this part and the melody <3

00:25 -> 00:30 (Buildup1)
Really short buildup, not a problem don't worry :) But you could have make it last longer, that way you could have lowpassed the leads and use snare rolls to build up tension !
I really like the little break right before the drop ! It's a key to get a powerful drop ;)

0:30 --> 1:00 (Drop1)
Nice drop ;) melody is really nice and some variations in it made it more interesting !
I would suggest you to sidechain your leads and your basses, that way the kick will seems more punchy !
The kick is really important in EDM so the sidechain (or even a "fake" SC that just reduce the volume like BIGKIXDIPPA will help a lot ! Also, Umcaruje made a great tuto on the different ways to SC in LMMS ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il0OH4I0-LE)

1:00 --> 2:10 (Break2)
Really nice with Xylophone sounds !
The composition is really really good !

2:10 --> 2:14 (Buildup2)
Same as the Buildup1

2:14 --> 3:12 (Drop2)
Great drop as the first one ;)

3:12 --> 3:29 (Outro)
Nice outro, elements are going away slowly !

-----------------

To sum up, this is a really good song, great 1st attempt at EDM ;)
I really suggest you to try the sidechain, I don't know what artist you like to listen to but most of EDM artist use Sidechain on bass, chords, leads to enhance the kick which is one of the most important element in EDM ! (Meaning your mixing should make it sounds present)
I hope these advices will help you improve for your next songs ;)
Keep up the good job :D
T0NIT0RMX wrote: -----------------

To sum up, this is a really good song, great 1st attempt at EDM ;)
I really suggest you to try the sidechain, I don't know what artist you like to listen to but most of EDM artist use Sidechain on bass, chords, leads to enhance the kick which is one of the most important element in EDM ! (Meaning your mixing should make it sounds present)
I hope these advices will help you improve for your next songs ;)
Keep up the good job :D
Wow! Thanks for all this feedback! I am currently working on (and nearly finished) a new song that has sidechaining in it, due to a few people pointing the lack of it out. Thanks for that! Again, with the new song, I have extended the intro to about 25 seconds. Buildups I have lengthened (I think). Thanks for replying, you are one of my inspirations :D