First project - feedback welcome

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi!

So a little bit of background. I began my journey into production about 2 months ago. I've been learning how to use lmms and just trying to understand the ins and outs. This is my first completed project which I think actually sounds like something... It took me about 2 weeks of structuring and tweaking things here and there. I'm not sure if that is too long to too short but that how long it took me. I didn't realize how long the song I made actually was until I uploaded to soundcloud haha.

Anyways, I am looking to learn and grow so please if you have any feedback for me share it. I've very new to this but hopefully overtime will see progress.

http://soundcloud.com/hecomesnexx/is-what-it-is-7-30-13
Wicked. I have a bit of a problem with how the snare is introduced but the rest is one big golden star in my book. 8-)
If you're not planning on adding lyrics you could try and fit in some atmosphere or conversation sounds from freesound.org
Wooah!! This is Cool!
Wicked. I have a bit of a problem with how the snare is introduced but the rest is one big golden star in my book. 8-)
I agree. NIce music dude. Very Cool indeed! :D

Personally, I find that the "snare," sounds a little too "Raw." He! He! But it could be just me. Lol!

By the way, What instrument did you use for making the melody at 46 secs? It sounds really nice.

All in all, Great job fapper.
owallgren wrote:Wicked. I have a bit of a problem with how the snare is introduced but the rest is one big golden star in my book. 8-)
If you're not planning on adding lyrics you could try and fit in some atmosphere or conversation sounds from freesound.org
Thanks very much! Good to see I'm heading in the right direction. I will give those sounds from freesounds a try on my next project.
brandystarbrite wrote:Wooah!! This is Cool!
I agree. NIce music dude. Very Cool indeed! :D

Personally, I find that the "snare," sounds a little too "Raw." He! He! But it could be just me. Lol!

By the way, What instrument did you use for making the melody at 46 secs? It sounds really nice.

All in all, Great job fapper.
Glad you enjoyed it!

The instrument I used was from this present pack I downloaded for synth1: http://www.vstcafe.com/2010/04/8749-synth1-patches.html

The present was called "vintage bass 3" and it was in the "bladerunner patches".