VeStige isn't working

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
farestp wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:14 pm
Hmm... I have trouble about add vst plugins. I have installed wine, add kxstudio repository, lmms-vst-full, but i can't add vst-plugins. At first, i could add vst plugins, but only 32 bit .dll. So i installed, uninstalled again and again lmms and wine, purge the kxstudio repository and so on, and now i can't add vst 32 bit and 64 bit. So can you predict the real problems here?

Thank you for the assistance.

I'm using KDE Neon dev stable 64 bit, and i hope i can install lmms fully in real hardware (not VM). Sorry for bad english
Did you install kxstudio-meta-wine ?
Gps wrote:
farestp wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:14 pm
Hmm... I have trouble about add vst plugins. I have installed wine, add kxstudio repository, lmms-vst-full, but i can't add vst-plugins. At first, i could add vst plugins, but only 32 bit .dll. So i installed, uninstalled again and again lmms and wine, purge the kxstudio repository and so on, and now i can't add vst 32 bit and 64 bit. So can you predict the real problems here?

Thank you for the assistance.

I'm using KDE Neon dev stable 64 bit, and i hope i can install lmms fully in real hardware (not VM). Sorry for bad english
Did you install kxstudio-meta-wine ?
not yet. I have installed wine, lmms and lmms full-vst.
Gps wrote: Did you install kxstudio-meta-wine ?
Hmm. Does kxstudio meta can scrambled my OS? After i installed it, there're missing some bar likebmrnu bar(close, minimize, and restore button), i can't use windows hot key to show the apps drawer on kde. Maybe i just clicked another package that i shouldnt install in synaptic package. Just to make sure
Okay so i can get rid about this problem.

First I re install my linux ( i installed 18.3 kde Linux Mint)
2. Add kxstudio repository
3. Install lmms
4. Install kxstudio-meta-wine
5. add wine repository and installed it (of course this step uninstall wine-rt which is installed when install kxstudio-meta-wine)
6. Run LMMS and add vst
7. At first, wine ask do download mono and gecko (be patient to download it). Click Download
8. The first adding vst plugin maybe failed, so after install mono and gecko, try to add vst plugin again

Maybe you encounter issue like this
https://askubuntu.com/questions/953764/ ... ontconfig1

Install wine dev in this:
https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu becouse i use ubuntu rep

And see this post:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=828
This is my face reading the solution :o

On openSUSE, I never had to worry about wine. I click in yast, on wine and lmms, and it just works.

I did have some lmms issues, but that was a problem with lmms, not an openSUSE ( Linux) problem, which should be fixed with next stable release. ( 1.1.2 ). ( and is fixed in the rc versions already )

When I need to uninstall a lib, I also use yast, which offers solutions if there are problems.

Sorry for this small rant, but I am surprised / annoyed it seems so hard with other distros's then openSUSE to get lmms installed / working.

Congratz you got it working though, and lets hope this helps others too. :)
Gps wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:57 pm
This is my face reading the solution :o

On openSUSE, I never had to worry about wine. I click in yast, on wine and lmms, and it just works.

I did have some lmms issues, but that was a problem with lmms, not an openSUSE ( Linux) problem, which should be fixed with next stable release. ( 1.1.2 ). ( and is fixed in the rc versions already )

When I need to uninstall a lib, I also use yast, which offers solutions if there are problems.

Sorry for this small rant, but I am surprised / annoyed it seems so hard with other distros's then openSUSE to get lmms installed / working.

Congratz you got it working though, and lets hope this helps others too. :)
Hmpf... I still cannot run 64 bit vst. I want to ask again, what is the difference between 32 bit and 64 bit vst? Can you share a story about vst and music did you make?
:)
I am not sure if 64 bit vst are supported in Vestige. If you can find a 32 bit version of the vst, try that one.

The difference between 32 bit and 64 bit.

Lets try to keep this simple.

A 32 bit os can only use a bit less then 4 gig max.
A 64 bit os can use much more.

16 bit = 65, 536 bytes (64 Kilobytes)

32 bit = 4, 294, 967, 295 bytes (4 Gigabytes)

64 bit = 18, 446, 744, 073, 709, 551, 616 (16 Exabytes)

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing ... g-systems/
I'm back, I kinda forgot about this but when I tried to use lmms again and VSTs in my VM I remembered this thread. I have yet to see a program that doesn't work in a VM (not due to performance constraints). Other VERY complicated programs work fine in VMs (off the top of my head, games are very complicated, they have millions of lines of code and that's not including the engine they are made on which makes up the majority of the code, yet they work fine if you can get the VM to use the GPU), compared to those programs I wouldn't imagine a DAW is super complicated. I'll try installing OpenSUSE in a VM and see if that fixes everything, hopefully, it does :)