Particular vst won't work for me.

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
A while back I had an old computer I made my projects on but it broke. I got a new computer now, and I have all the old vsts installed, synth 1, piano 1, dsk elektric guitar, E.C.T, but for some reason when I try to load DSK overture (https://www.dskmusic.com/dsk-overture/) It takes a long time to load, and then a message pops up saying the vst couldnt load, and my anti-virus says it just stopped a virus on my computer. I reinstalled the vst, but this still happens. Am i doing something wrong? Or does this virus simply not work for my computer? And if it doesn't can I change the file type to work for my computer? Thanks. :)
Damon Tattersfield wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:39 am
a message pops up saying the vst couldnt load, and my anti-virus says it just stopped a virus on my computer.
Most likely you have a 'false-positive'. Almost every anti-virus makes that mistake with some files. You should be able to find a menu in the virus-software, where you can 'release' a program detected as infected, or malware. It also depends on your settings. When it say " stopped a virus on my computer. "
Then it could mean that it has already shredded the file, and not 'jailed' it. Again -It depends on the settings you have in your anti-virus. I prefer to have alerts and being asked if the dubious file should be 'jailed' or shredded.
Furthermore, you should email the virus-company and inform them about this false-positive, they will make tests, and in the next update the false-positive should be fixed. Normally they are very pleased, when customers inform them about things like this :)
So it happens when you use DSK Overture? It's most likely a false positive, as bear mentioned above.
What antivirus are you using?
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 2:24 am
So it happens when you use DSK Overture? It's most likely a false positive, as bear mentioned above.
What antivirus are you using?
I'm using McAfee antivirus. I uninstalled it, because it was only a free trial, and it works now! All is good. Thank you!