Possible to connect an external hardware mixer to LMMS?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello again,
Hope you're all well. Well, I've found a Yamaha EMX2000 mixer hidden behind the shelves in a pawn shop collecting dust. I'm interested if I would be able to connect it to LMMS and use it, even if I could just use some of its features? Would be a pretty neat thing to have to be honest. Thank you in advance !
tandhunter wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:24 pm
Hello again,
Hope you're all well. Well, I've found a Yamaha EMX2000 mixer hidden behind the shelves in a pawn shop collecting dust. I'm interested if I would be able to connect it to LMMS and use it, even if I could just use some of its features? Would be a pretty neat thing to have to be honest. Thank you in advance !
Atm I doubt it. You must look at the Connection: Must be midi->usb-cable, but lmms only communicate one midi signal. This mixer-HW will propl need one midi signal for each function.
We do have a tutorial for connecting one HW-feature to LMMS, but i doubt you can make that for each feature on the HW. However all this is meant to be changed! There are a whole catalogue of MIDI enhancements pending. My thoughts would be to buy it if its cheap, and you can wait for it to be relevant -Some day