No midi inputs?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I'm using 64-bit windows 7 and lmms 0.4.15 64-bit, and attempting to select a midi input does not make any menu.
I'm attempting to use VMPK 0.5.1, and have tested this having launched lmms after starting vmpk.

I DO have WinMM MIDI selected as my midi interface, however there is nothing in the settings box below.

Am I being dumb and doing something horribly wrong here, or is there something broken?
I know this is over a year late, but at this point, just update to the latest version. I know they've fixed a TON of the MIDI stuff. :)
redambassador wrote:I know this is over a year late, but at this point, just update to the latest version. I know they've fixed a TON of the MIDI stuff. :)
I'm fairly certain I'm running the most recent software and I'm STILL encountering this issue ... trying to use my brand new Akai MPK mini MKII and I can't get it to work for the life of me. I'm encountering precisely the same issue of the drop-down menu not showing up. It's quite vexing!
You can tell the version you're running because it says LMMS 1.1.3 (or whatever version) right there at the top of the screen.

Are you following the instructions in https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Using_MIDI ? Where exactly is the drop-down menu that you're expecting and that is failing to show up ?

Steve
Dr. Peter Sidekick wrote: I'm encountering precisely the same issue of the drop-down menu not showing up. It's quite vexing!
wooo thats an oldie coming from the pit, but still sadly relevant..
Hmm..
Can you make screen-shots of the menus is think thats also what 'Steve like to see