Checking audio output of lmms

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
i had sound distortion problem with sdl and winxp,after replacing libportaudio-2.dll with asio enabled version i got it working,Is there a way to check whether the audio output is ok now.what i did was,i loaded Synth1 with Harpischord factory preset in lmms and tunafish(also under asio) and exported a single note as wav and compared in audacity.seems ok,any other suggestion?

i am attaching wavs from lmms and tunafish

Attachments

to me its more puzzling that you had sub-quality sound on xp+sdl. That useally work really good. What hw do you have? Are you running icq or other 'hogs' together with lmms? (dont)

Have you cleared buffer
Have you scanned for malware
have you run dxdiag
(do

Does any other proggy/ game have bad sounds?
thanks for your reply.you are right,i checked with sdl and asio and got identical result(with midi import and also lmms file frm web).i dont know what caused the distorted sound.(no malware,Dx prob...).what is clearing the buffer mean?
oh it suddently got me that there may be something i forgot
What are your buffer-size setting in 'Settings| General Settings' ?
sorry,i missed your reply.after reading it, i saw the trouble shooting page and unticked realtime high quality audio output and set buffer to 1024(from default 256) there is no change.my system is dualcore 4gb.i tested zynewave nucleum vst in lmms and podium free(preset 73.Lectro twang)it sounfd like some extra reverb is added in lmms(-i am beginner cant spot it accurately).i will test it further.
Found the problem-lmms is playing one octave low for vst (Synth1,Clearsynth,Nucleum)compared to other vst hosts.this is not solved in Lmms 0.9.92RC win 32bit.(clean install).(ref https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/lmms ... f=7&t=1118 -this is for notes entered in piano roll.
Adjust the base note.
thanks,i understood that,i hoped it would be automatic for most vsts(established ones like Synth1)as other vsthosts don't have this issue.