LMMS process still exists after closing

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hallo!

Don't want to kill your nervs, but I have the same problem without using a Midi-Keyboard. Whenever I shutdown LMMS it remains as a process in the Taskmanager. If I start LMMS again and shut it down there are two lmms-processes and so on. The processes can't be killed in the Task Manager, only by restarting Windows.

I run LMMS 1.0, 64 Bit on Windows 7, 64 Bit. 4GB RAM, 4 GPUs. My Soundcard is a M Audio Audiophile 2496. I also had problems with the former version of LMMS. When I saved my work, sometimes the Message at the left Bottom of my Desktop did'nt dissapear. And I think, that the problem with the processes also existed.

By the Way: When I installed LMMS 1.0 there was a Message, that I would have to install Jack at the end of the Installation-process. The opportunity to do that appeared at the end as promissed. But as I tried there came the Message, that I don't have the affordable Rights. I installed LMMS again but the opportunity to install Jack didn't appear again. So Jack isn't installed on my Computer now.

Today I used LMMS several times. And after having five LMMS-processes on the Task Manager LMMS stopped working. A really annoying problem. Hope that someone has an Idea!

Nice Greatings, gigerbyte
.....argh :shock: <censured>
i have a feeling that this is related to several things
* rights
* 64 bit
* instalation fail (points back to rights

You say that the instances cant be killed in task-manager - What about a working lmms instance? Can you kill that?

and .. In task manager, Does all the lmms 'instances' have same size?
Check if a working normal instance has the same size! as one that fails to unload.
That is actually the only things i like to know right now..
-btw nice pc!
Hi musicbear!

At first many Thanx for your reply! I am really a Greenhorn in such things, so it is difficult for me to understand and communicate what is wrong.

The processes have different sizes. Their individual size seems to depend on the size of the project I am working with - "a working normal instance" is bigger than that ones that remain in the Task Manager. I tested shuting down lmms using the Task Manager a few times. The first time I first tried to kill the process without success, then I changed to the application-window of the Task Manager and tried to shut it down this way. This worked, but lmms freezes for some minutes before it disappeared. After that even the process was killed. But as I tried it again a few minutes later this didn't work. At the moment there are four lmms-processes on my Task Manager without having lmms on the screen. At last I loaded three different projects, one after the other, without shuting down lmms and the size of the process increased with every new project - unless the last project was the smallest of all. After shuting down lmms the usual way the size of the process got much smaller, but the process remained in the Task Manager (size: 40.248K)

What about Jack? I downloaded a file called "Jack_v1.9.9_64_setup.exe". Is that the right one and should I install it manually? Could possibly this be the resaon for the problem, that Jack is missing? I allready tried to reinstall lmms after uninstalling it and signing in as administrator, but the opportunity to install Jack didn't appear at the end of the installation-process. After all I have no idea what to do.

NG, gigerbyte
firstly - i have NO insight in jack at all - thought it was a ubuntu thing (well linux at least) -Is there a reason you need jack?
It -could- be that it is this failed jack-install,, somehow ..parts of the pack works, and makes a instance of some kind,, Pfff... these are longshots.. See if something is called 'jack' somewhere..
try to search you whole system. If you finde any -de-install it
-You only starts projects from inside lmms -right? eg not from a windows browser
And you did use the lmms de-staller, eg not windows 'remove'?
..im not optimistic on this one , im afraid :/
I never thought about Jack on windows until I read about it in the Installation-dialog of LMMS 1.0. I don't know if I need it.

Yesterday evening I scanned my PC for Jack-Stuff and found some on my Program-Partition (not on the System-Partition). But it is all located in the Installation-Pathes of my Rosegarden- and Hydrogen-Installations. Jack isn't listed in the Application-List of Windows, so it is not installed. I also tested if the same problem with the remaining processes also exists with Rosegarden and Hydrogen. In fact Rosegarden causes the same problem, Hydrogen doesn't. So it seems not to be a specific LMMS-Problem. Maybe a Midi-Problem? I also started my old MAGIX Midi-Studio 2005 and it seemed to work verry well and left no process in the Task Manager.

Last but not least I looked out for an update for my Graphic-Card-Driver and reinstalled it. But even that didn't solve the problem.

Could an installation of Jack solve the problem? What do you think?
Im pretty stumped on this one, im afraid. the only thing i have found, is that some has had similar problems with open office -that was because of a quik-lanuncer component, others reported the problem after they used a skin on a chrome-browser (you havent used a theme/ skin or similar on your 1.0 instalation - the skins/themes are not ready for 1.0 yet???)
Otherwise some addWare has been reported to prevent shutdown of random applications -You may like to scan for that.. /doubt it, though
But as you say, it is not lmms specific, so in must be something with you pc.. so -maby scan
good luck.