Is it completely free with everything it brings?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
In the Instrument Plugins menu (left side of screen), there is a lot of things that sound cool. We can create multiple sound tracks, add effects... ohh that software is really poweful! I was thinking I can't have all the features for free.
I still can't believe there is no restrictions to use. Is this software (and all the things came with it) totally royalty-free and there is no restrictions? Please inform me :)
hekehekekoykeke wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:59 pm
In the Instrument Plugins menu (left side of screen), there is a lot of things that sound cool. We can create multiple sound tracks, add effects... ohh that software is really poweful! I was thinking I can't have all the features for free.
I still can't believe there is no restrictions to use. Is this software (and all the things came with it) totally royalty-free and there is no restrictions? Please inform me :)
You are free to create music in Lmms, use it's internal synthesiser plugins eg. triple oscillator etc.
and sell your musical masterpiece. :)

As for the samples included in Lmms, it seems, you can't re-license them etc. for now.
But you can use them, in your music tracks.

Here's a link to a similar post.
The person who responded, is one of the main Lmms team members.
Hopefully his explanation, will answer most of your questions.
https://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8380
Hope you got through. :)
Does that mean that I can make music for a professional game, and it would be 100% legal, even if using the samples?

(BTW I'm a different guy)
Douglas wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 1:55 am
Does that mean that I can make music for a professional game, and it would be 100% legal, even if using the samples?

(BTW I'm a different guy)
From what I know, yes. :)
It could be a music track, or game track etc. etc.
And if you make a super duper trooper ton of money, if you want, feel free anytime
to give a tiny donation, to the Lmms project. :D
Yes, I totally would. Given my stunning lack of money, my game wouldn't be possible without this project. :D

I LOVE LMMS!!!
This was addresssed several years ago, long before I even heard of LMMS, I am new to the software as of this year. Has the terms changed?

I am currently trying to make a soundtrack to sell for food money, I have used some music "notes" from various songs by Janne Skiessi, I have tried to contact him/her, on Soundcloud but no reply, I have also asked another artist from this communtiy but still no reply, thus that is why I made an account to come here.

I want to sell my soundtrack, Skiessi songs are in the "My projects' section of the software. I assume it is free to use even in commercial projects/songs of mine since is was distributed freely in LMMS which is freeware software.

In case I am hard to reach, contact me on Dragonwingz2@aim.com, I would perfer if Skiessi answered in person but I can not find that person anywhere.
The Dragon God wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 2:17 am
I am new to the software as of this year.
Welcome to the forum The Dragon God! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
Has the terms changed?
In respect to what precisely?
I have used some music "notes" from various songs by Janne Skiessi, I have tried to contact him/her, on Soundcloud but no reply,
Then you have a problem. It would not be legal to use notes from one of Skiessis projects, without explicit consent. Sorry.
I do not have any contact info, but perhaps you can get lucky on our Discord chat channel
https://discordapp.com/invite/5kSc32Z
Try that :)
Is Skessi still around?
The Dragon God wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:10 pm
Is Skessi still around?
Sorry i do not know