compile "unison" effect for ZynAddSubFX plugins

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello all and thanks for this great program :)

I'd like to add the "unison" effect to the ZynAddSubFX plugin. I've found some source code files (union.h and unison.cpp) on a GitHub site for lmms (https://github.com/LMMS/zynaddsubfx/blo ... P/Unison.h).

How can I compile and install these to add the effects to my plugin? I am running lmms on Ubuntu 12.04. My guess is that I just have to download the .h and .cpp files to the ZynAddSubFX plugin directory and then run the "make" command, but I'm uncertain if I need to do more, and which directory I need to do this.

Thank you,
R
Doesn't Zyn already have a unison mechanism... I'm not sure what exactly you're talking about? Is it something from the upstream of ZynAddSub? If so, you don't need to since Zyn has been updated in the master branch of LMMS.
Hello d,
No, my version of ZynAddSubFx plugin for LMMS 0.4.x and LMMS 1.0 does not have a "unison" effect. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I've check this by doing: open any Zyn instrument (in lmms); click on "Show GUI" (brings up Zyn...); in the 'Insert Effects" tab, click dropdown menu "No effects" --> here is where I would see "unison" if it was compiled and available effect.

Nonetheless, does anyone know how to compile new effects from Source for ZynAddSubFx?

Thank you,
faraway1nspace wrote: click on "Show GUI" (brings up Zyn...); in the 'Insert Effects" tab, click dropdown menu "No effects" --> here is where I would see "unison" if it was compiled and available effect.,
No that is wrong
Those are the inbuild effect train.
To get to unisom setting:
Edit instrument| <choose the synth that is enabled> | Edit ´| <low left> show voise parameters |<low left> Unison <change off to ON by choosing a size of unison.
Close all.
I have several videos on mangaging zyn. It may be of interest to you
https://www.youtube.com/user/bearsoundz
Okay, thank you music bear for the clarification, and for the well made videos :)