using lots of vsts (workflow question)

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
when i load lots of synth 1s, lmms crashes.
how can i prevent this?

do you export your synths?
in that case, what do you do when you modulate?
abcde111 wrote:when i load lots of synth 1s, lmms crashes.
'lots' is quite ambigious. You should tell us the actual number. But in fact aisi its not lmms that 'crashes', its your ram that is all used up. -Check your memory-usage, i think you will find that ist gone.
abcde111 wrote: how can i prevent this?
Buy more ram - you could also experimet with a larger pagefile, but i doubt it will work at all
Also, OS? Sound-devise?
-but this is not a bug
Firstly, you might want to consider: do all of those sounds really need to be done with synth1? Maybe some of them can be replaced with other, less resource hogging synths. Synth1 is pretty heavy, and uses quite a bit of memory.

Secondly, look if you're "wasting" resources somewhere. Are you using a synth to produce a static sound (ie. no automation or frequency variation)? If so, then it can usually pretty easily be replaced with a sampled output from the same synth.

If you're still running out of memory, the only thing you can do is create your track in parts. Then do the final mixing in Audacity, or import the pre-rendered parts into your LMMS projects as sample tracks. Working with sample tracks is a bit cumbersome and very limited in LMMS, so you'll probably want to chop them up into manageable pieces... should be doable if there aren't too many tracks and they're already timed right and everything.

Plan ahead and you should be fine.