VST-dlls in Lmms not in common files section

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I'm using Lmms 2.1. All of my vst' s with dll. work just fine. But when i try to install my vst2 or vst3, it won't show in my common files section, where i was told to put them.
C/Program files x86. I've tried several attempts, but it doesn't work. Can you please help me in how to do this or tell me it's not readable for lmms? Thankyou!
First off, Welcome to the Forum Velt !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Velt wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:02 am
I'm using Lmms 2.1. All of my vst' s with dll. work just fine. But when i try to install my vst2 or vst3, it won't show in my common files section, where i was told to put them.
C/Program files x86. I've tried several attempts, but it doesn't work. Can you please help me in how to do this or tell me it's not readable for lmms? Thankyou!
VST3 is not compatible with LMMS yet.
Almost all VST2 works. Some build with Maise-kit does not (few DSK among others)
Atm the correct folder for your VST-instruments is a subfolder under Samples in your USER-library
VST-effects should be in the folder defined in Settings, as VST-plugIns
Here is a video that demonstrate how to install VST:
Velt wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:02 am
A dll is vst or vst2. vst3 is currently unsupported in LMMS. I think you can use a plugin rack vst, such as VCV Rack, to use vst3, if the plugin rack supports it.
VCV rack, it seems the VST host is paid. To get the rack itself, it appears that you need to pay for a VST2 version.
Try Element by Kushview here.
You could also use Carla, I hear, but I can never figure out how to use it.
I have Carla in LMMS, and as far as I understand things, Carla does support VST3.

The problem I run into though, I can't compile Carla myself, and my openSUSE package maintainer gave up after a few attempt, on the vst part of Carla. He was able to fix some Carla stuff for openSUSE though, but not the vst part.
Not a big deal for me , because I can use Vestige for a lot of the vst.

I have used Carla to load a native Linux synth into LMMS though (Amsynth)
This probably will only work for Linux users though.

In general compiling a program yourself is not that hard, but when it comes to LMMS and Carla, oh boy.

I got errors of which even the LMMS devs and the Carla dev had no idea on what went wrong.

Let me be clear, I do not criticize the LMMS devs nor Falk Tx, because they tried to help me, but for most people and me compiling LMMS and Carla yourself is just not an option.

With LMMS I was once successful, but also once failed to compile it myself.
With Carla I failed every time. :)

Fun fact, I thought it would be easy because I once compiled DOOM 3 for Linux....
Monospace wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:54 am
VCV rack, it seems the VST host is paid. To get the rack itself, it appears that you need to pay for a VST2 version.
Try Element by Kushview here.
You could also use Carla, I hear, but I can never figure out how to use it.
Looks like Carla is only one for Linux atm
Linux App Image coming soon!
For windows Element looks great
musikbear wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:24 pm
Omg omg, I remember asking for this. Now I will pretend to be patient, and upfront want to thank the developers. :D
Gps wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:39 pm
musikbear wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:24 pm
Omg omg, I remember asking for this. Now I will pretend to be patient, and upfront want to thank the developers. :D
ahhh i should 'perhaps' have mentioned that the quote is from Element by Kushview Homepage....
Sorry to lit the hot flame of anticipation to soon 😊
Doesn't the 1.3 nightly already have an appimage with functioning Carla https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/t ... .0-alpha.1 ? Or does it not work well?