Sample Track Keeps Playing "Echoing?" After End of Sample

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
kind of a plug here, but just showing I've come along a bit in the last few months, since January 2014, when I started using LMMS... had some frustrations with it at first... folks on the forum helped me through a few things... excited about the new version...
Oh, the plug... I've posted some things on YouTube as "Sonic Monk":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQy0N97PB6g

But I'm at a point with a new question I can't seem to resolve by myself... I just added a sample track (a recording of me playing guitar for several measures, probably about ten measures...) anyway, after the end of the sample, it keeps playing! weird... not like a delay... kind of like a loop... hard to tell because the sample is repetitive, me just going back and forth between two chords... I had a reverb and phaser effect on that sample track, then I took those off just to see if that helped, but it didn't. I closed and re-opened the file, still "echoing" ...
strange
Current sample-track is the least functional part in lmms, and it will be focused, and redone -in a later release. -but
- save the file as a copy
make a new wavefile with NO repeted contendt - like read some numbers
exchange that for the guitar loop in the copy
Does it echo-loop?

(rem to post OS and tech stuf in questiens
More specifically... closer to identifying the problem, though still unresolved...
One, the sample keeps playing when I am listening to my project and I decide while listening to skip to a different part of the project... so, OK, once the sample starts playing, I guess it wants to play to the end... I guess I can live with that, whatever.
But the other sample that keeps playing is copied from another sample and then "abbreviated." I have like 20 measures, I recorded like 15 measures of a guitar sample, I didn't bother to be specific because I thought I could "shorten" a sample... so I insert my 15 measure sample, cut it and paste it right after that, and then shorten that sample down to 5 measures, so I have that sample going through my 20 measures. I think my 5 measure sample still wants to play all 15 measures.
If anyone knows what's going on, I'd appreciate it.
Although I might just say, OK, that doesn't work like I thought it would, I thought the wiki said this would work, anyway... I'll just be more conscientious when I record a sample, go back into Audacity, cut my 15 measure sample down to 10 measures and insert two 10 measure samples.
Thanks. I'm on Windows 8... other tech stuff, I don't know...
ie, I don't know what Ubuntu is...
Some of what I've been doing is just learning workarounds, in this case, just means I have to be more precise in how I put a project together, which in general is a good thing... although this sample is sort of a placeholder, I will eventually redo the sample with a different guitar. So I wasn't as precise about how many measures I needed. But, good to know, that little thing didn't work like I thought it would.
Previously, I had recorded some samples of two or three measures, but if it is a fraction of a second longer than your last measure, the sample extends into the next measure. In those cases, I also shortened those samples (just drag the end) to fit into the amount of measures I originally wanted. Now I wonder if in fact those were actually shortened as I thought they were. I would not have noticed in those tracks that were only a fraction of a second longer than they should have been as I noticed in these recent tracks where I tried to cut off several measures off a sample.
I kind of wish shortening a sample actually did work.
I went back and counted, specifically I have 44 measures repeating a 4 measure chord progression... not 20 measures as mentioned for the sake of example.
I think the largest sample I can use now is 4 measures, which is actually just once through the progression, cut and pasted 11 times (or I suppose I could enter it in B&B). But I liked how a sample of me playing guitar was putting more human nuance into my project, so I wanted a sample of me playing that same progression over and over with the slight nuances of a live player... And learning moment, maybe I should have extended that section to 48 measures which would have been easier- a 12 measure sample 4 times. Didn't think this was going to be an issue at the time.
I could re-record the sample, ah, this is turning out messy...