How to loop a sample or drum beat

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi there,

I'm very new to LMMS and maybe I've missed some part of the Wiki, but I can't seem to make a basic sample loop correctly.

I've got a drum sample that is a bar and a half long. So how do I set it to play correctly? The sample is correct in that it loops properly but I've no idea how to do this in LMMS. Can somebody please help.

Do I have to load it as a sample in the song editor? If so, I cannot set the loop point halfway along the second bar....

Or is there a way of altering the time sequence in the B&B editor?

Any help appreciated

Thanks
afaik there is no simple tweak for sticky loop-points. But-
If you load a loop into the Audio-file-processer, checks the 'loop sample' button, add one note (on the rootnote) in the songeditor, and set the length of that note to the needed number of bars (use 25% magnification for that), then the loop will be perfect inside the length of the note.

Can you use that?
BR
Many thanks BR, if I might ask for a little more clarification...

I've got the "loop sample at start and end point" checked in the AFP... but the remainder of your instruction is still a little unclear for me. Having accessed the AFP via the Beats & Bassline interface, do I now access this same track via the Song Editor? Or do I use a new track? I am unfamiliar with the process of adding a note on the root note - is that covered in the manual? Page no? Similarly the setting of the new note ....

Happy to read the relevant pages, but thus far cannot find them...

Regards

Alan
oki I will try from the start
The Beat-and-Bass-editor is not used in this solution.
Lets say we want to use a looped sample from bar 2-11 -eg 9 bars
in song-editor add an AFP
Drag the wanted loop into the AFP
(or you can actually just drag the loop in the song-editor, that will also add an AFP)
Open the AFP
On the piano-keys there are a 'green square' over A4 eg: Default A4 is the root-note.
Press and hold the root-note.
Your sample should play in correct tempo, but only once!
On the plugin-TAB, there are 2 toggle-buttons to the right of the 'END'-knob:
'Reverse Sample' and 'Loop Sample'
Check the 'Loop Sample', it will turn green.
Press and hold the root-note.
Now the sample is looped perfectly and will play repeated in a perfect loop.
Click in the song-editor and open the piano-roll
Set magnification to 25%
ad an A4 note -because thats the root-note! , on bar 2
drag it to 9 bars length
Now we have a loop of the sample from bar 2 to bar 11
Play it in the song-editor.
Obs, even though this now sounds ok, it is not synchronized with the project BMP. You need to 'tap and count beats' for the sample-loop in your head, and then you should set the project BMP accordingly.
Hope that helped.
BR.
Brilliant! Many thanks for explaining that. I was certain there was an easy way to do it! Especially since I am using loops supplied with the program...

All I need to work out now is whether, now I have a loop beat, I can use a form of controller or trigger to set the repeats until another sample plays. If not, it would mean I have to compose the song by pasting the same sample...

Anyway, am on my way now and will refer back to the docs to find my way forward.

Thanks for your help :)