Can't open project

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Gps wrote:I always make an extra copy.
A better solution is to save projects into a Dropbox folder. That way they are always backed up and you can always download them from dropbox.com if you lose/delete them.

If you don't want to use dropbox, don't make copies on the same computer. Save them to a flash drive or something similar. Typically a hard drive problem big enough to lose data will destroy the copy as well, especially if they are on the same area of the drive.
yes, but lets safe your project first - Because its in mmpz. i have to trix a littler with it - So i need the file -Is thats a problem you will have to do trix yourself, but i guide you -You can send me a personal message either on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/kom.obs

or youtube,
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIfZfd ... vp6C8XAJUw
just let me know here wnat you have chosen
musikbear wrote:just let me know here wnat you have chosen
I'll message you on facebook, there is no problem with sending the file
there is no problem with sending the file
fine, then just upload the file to your favorite file-upload, and send me the link as a personal-message -you can do that directly here, hut click om my name '
-or on FB, if PM here fails. I will PM you, whith the link to the repaired file
send you new message - cant dl your file
then just upload the file to your favorite file-upload, and send me the link as a personal-message -you can do that directly here, hut click om my name
FYI - mmpz file attachments are supported here. They should work in both posts and PMs. Let me know if you have problems and we'll fix them, no need to use 3rd party services for this stuff unless absolutely necessary.
Unfortunately the file is absolutely empty. Not any data to acces at all:
paste.png
paste.png (36.52 KiB) Viewed 5844 times
I dont know what you have done to this file, but its only content is 'no-data' or '0' Those are however plentifull.
If you in any way can describe what you did before this weirdness happend, then it would be a great help
like ..Did you
* insert at VST
* terminated lmms during saving
* had a crash during editing?
Anything like that, would be a pointer to the reason
As for now the file looks like it has been through a digital schredder, and since there are no data to work with, i cant help you. Sorry. :/

@tresf - attachments in pm.. i just cant see that option anywhere -you know i have poor eye-sight :p -but.. that lousy, is scarry
musikbear wrote:Unfortunately the file is absolutely empty. Not any data to acces at all:
paste.png
* insert at VST
* terminated lmms during saving
* had a crash during editing?
Anything like that, would be a pointer to the reason
As for now the file looks like it has been through a digital schredder, and since there are no data to work with, i cant help you. Sorry. :/
I've inserted a Vst plugin and I've had a crash during editing. I can't find any text in the other one that became unable to open either.
How can the file take up space if it doesn't hold anything?
all the 'no-data' the '0' you see also count as 'data' - it just 'no-data-data' -Thats why i said it looks like its be digitally scrhedded. Secure file-deletion can only be done with schredding. Then all existing data inside the actal file, is overwritten with 'no-data' eg 0, and then that file is without any content at all
your file looks like it has been done
Have you lost other files on your pc?
Musikbear, you opened it as an .mmpz instead of an .mmp. Also, secure deletion does that to the hard drive location where it is stored, meaning he would not even have the file anymore.

Has anyone tried opening it as an mmp yet?