LMMS 4.8 suddenly stopped loading vst plugins

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I was playing around with VeSTige when I suddenly got this error saying that the plugin failed to load. I tried another plugin, and got the same error. I even tried other plugins that used to work and still got the same error message. Then I tried restarting the computer multiple times to see if that would fix it, but it didn't. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium.

Here's the error message:

The VST-plugin C:/Program Files/Vst/VSTi/Micromoon.dll could not be loaded for some reason.
If it runs with other VST-software under Linux, please contact an LMMS-developer!

Has anyone else here had this error? And how can I fix it? Why did it suddenly just stop loading vsts? I don't know what I did to make it change like that.

EDIT: Well this is quite odd... I discovered a folder in the lmms Data folder that was named 'remote_vst_plugin'. I opened it up and saw the files CLOCK.SEP and SOFTDIST.SEP. I wonder what those files were for and how the folder got there... whatever it was, I removed it for an experiment and then opened LMMS, tried opening the VST Plugin again and it works now. This is really weird. Has this ever happened to anyone else here?
Has this ever happened to anyone else here?
Yes, but in other situations
This error has apeared when it was attempted to load a project from windows-explorer, eg double-click in explorer and opening the project together with LMMS (file-associated-link-opening). That fails! and it causes the exact same error-message. If you opend your project by associated-link, then dont :)
Always use either LMMS own browser-tree in the side-bar, the 'recent-project' shortcut or 'file|open' in the menu.
Did you use windows' associated-link-opening?
BR
I don't know what I did, but I'll make sure to avoid that. Hopefully that bug will be fixed someday, because that can be very inconvenient.