Project plays at extreme speed and distortion

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 64bit
LMMS 1.0.96

When I open a project file, the first time it plays fine, if I close LMMS and then open it again the project file plays at an extremely fast speed which is also distorted.
I did the change to the kxstudio repos to see if that would help, it did not help, still have the problem.
I really like LMMS, but it is unusable to me unless I can get this resolved.
the 0.9x releases are only for bug-hunts, and tests. Clean your machine for everything lmms, and dl the 1.03 official release, and try that
Strange speed can be caused by global-automation
Right-click the bmp-widget, and choose Remove-all-global-automation
Not sure what linux bugs exists in .9x, that would cause distortion. Perhaps someone else knows, but see if uninstall, and 1.0.3 fixes it for you
The 1.0.96 release is what just came up with the Software Update that also updated it from the 1.0.0 version. I had the problem with v 1.0.0
I just now installed the newer Linux Mint 17.1 64bit, so I will have to install again anyway. I will look at the other things you mentioned as well.
Thank You.
Since the installation of the new OS I'm not having a problem with it. Possibly the Update Manager gave me that other build because I had some dev headers installed.
Thank you for responding to me on this issue.
I seem to run into this problem on openSUSE 13.1, the distortion part.

There is something about pulse audio and skype and audacity causing this.

Sometimes no problem, and sometimes it does.

Worst case solution. In lmms change from pulse audio to alsa ( and or back)

Just running lmms and all is fine.

So who to blame ? skype ? Pulse audio ?

Sometimes just moving a volume slider of pulse audio solves the problem too.

Normaly I do report these issues, but what to report and to who ?
For me it seems to happen quite random.
I had issues with pulse audio in the past, now that I have gone strictly with ALSA all the sound issues are gone.
But this is my custom build of Linux.
System: Host: antiX1 Kernel: 3.7.10-antix.7-amd64-smp x86_64 (64 bit)
Desktop: IceWM 1.3.7
Distro: antiX-13.2_x64-music Luddite 12 January 2014
There is something about pulse audio and skype and audacity causing this.
Yes, i have seen conflicts like this too. The explanation i got from tresf, points to applications, that tries to take exclusive usage of specific audio-resurces. This is not really lmms' fault. It is just a unlucky incident, that include hw, priorities, and proprietary applications.
The 'solution' is to shut those processes, before lmms is opend.
Yeah the easiest solution is to start LMMS first, then all is fine.