No sound output in LMMS

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I installed the most recent version of LMMS recently, and had a play around with it the other day and everything was working fine. However, when I tried to use it today it kept reverting to the dummy audio in settings, regardless of what I chose or whether or not I restarted LMMS. I since installed a previous version of LMMS (4.13), to see if that would work. In the older version I can change the audio settings but no sound is produced regardless of what I choose. There is nothing wrong with my compute as all other programs play audio fine.

HELP!!!!!!!!
We need to know the version of LMMS, and your OS to help you. Linux is so much different than, Windows, or MAC.
Eino wrote:We need to know the version of LMMS, and your OS to help you. Linux is so much different than, Windows, or MAC.
The first problem was with version 1.1.0. The second is with 0.4.13.

I'm using Windows 8.1, 64 bit.

Thank you!
MikeFallopian wrote:
Eino wrote:We need to know the version of LMMS, and your OS to help you. Linux is so much different than, Windows, or MAC.
The first problem was with version 1.1.0. The second is with 0.4.13.

I'm using Windows 8.1, 64 bit.

Thank you!
If you had Linux I could help you, but I'am not an expert with Windows. I gave up on Windows during the end of Vista.
Did you try a complete, re-install? Including removing the file locations, and registry items..
Windows can be fickle that way.If I remember correctly. Just put your projects folder in a different folder till you get the re-install done.
Version 0.4.13 is now having the same problem as 1.1.0 - in that it keeps reverting to the dummy audio setting.

I really hope someone can help with this as I really liked LMMS when I played around with it the other day - this is so frustrating!
Reverting to the dummy (default) settings typically means that LMMS is having issues loading its configuration file. Unless you changed it, it should be located at C:\Users\%USERNAME%\lmmsrc.xml. Please check to see if it is there. If it isn't there, you may have set it to look elsewhere, but if it is there, try deleting it as it may be corrupted.
MikeFallopian wrote:I installed the most recent version of LMMS recently, and had a play around with it the other day and everything was working fine. However, when I tried to use it today it kept reverting to the dummy audio in settings, regardless of what I chose or whether or not I restarted LMMS. I since installed a previous version of LMMS (4.13), to see if that would work. In the older version I can change the audio settings but no sound is produced regardless of what I choose. There is nothing wrong with my compute as all other programs play audio fine.

HELP!!!!!!!!

Thanks for contacting us.

First, reboot. That tends to remedy strange problems (I assume you've done this)

Second, if you are able to locate your

Code: Select all

.lmmsrc.xml
file, rename it to avoid potential problems (don't delete it... the developers might need it!).

Third, try different sound options in your preferences. Note any that work, work partially or don't work at all.

Fourth, reinstall your sound driver. If you have an option to remove 3rd party drivers, do it and then let it reinstall from Windows Update. If that does not fix it and you have an option to install the latest sound driver from the manufacturers website, try that next. Make sure to test the software in-between each test and report back.

If none of this works, let us know very specifics about your hardware and driver versions. The more you can research and offer us, the better we can make the software! :)
MikeFallopian wrote:I installed the most recent version of LMMS recently, and had a play around with it the other day and everything was working fine. However, when I tried to use it today it kept reverting to the dummy audio in settings
i would really like to know what took place on your system between 'working fine' and 'reverting to the dummy settings'
That is the real issue- If you have had 1.1 running and working, and then 'something' interfere, then that 'something' need to be identified
Tresf is right. the config file can indeed be the culpit.
You may find it difficult to rename this file, because its a '.' (dot)file
Move or copy it to a different disk, that should work
-btw, for windows the prefered audio-device is SDL
So, here is the fix i had this problem too. So you go to the audio interface under settings and change the built in device to your selected output such as default output etc.

Who is online

In total there are 8 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 131 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:47 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests