LMMS ver 0.4.8 will not run

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi, I'm a little new to LMMS but have been enjoying version 0.4.6 on my two computers for about a month. When Ver. 0.4.8 came out I installed it in both computers. It works just fine on my Pentium 4, Windows XP Service pack 3 computer, but will not run in my AMD Sempron, Windows XP Service pack 3 computer - this computer is faster & has twice the memory than the other, so I'm a little baffled as to why it won't run. The error I get says "Linux MultiMedia Studio has encountered a problem and needs to shut down." The additional information given is: "AppName: lmms.exe AppVer: 0.4.0.0 ModName: qtcore4.dll
ModVer: 4.6.3.0 Offset: 000279ef"
Does anyone have any idea why I'm getting this? I did try un-installing LMMS Vers. 0.4.6, and other music software to see if there was a conflict, but I keep getting the same error.
next to imposible to say why..
A place to start could be to remove the 0.4.8 from the AMD pc, and test if the 0.4.6 actually still would run normally. It could be that you acidently did something that chaged 'something' on your windows installation that has no connection to LMMS by freak chance -If you can run the 0.4.6 now on the AMD, then a complete hardware listing would be the next step -You can get this through a direct-x analysis : run -> dxdiag
-but, a problem like this is seriously difficult to fix :/
BR
I have re-installed version 0.4.6, and it works. I am starting to suspect it has something to do with my sound card. I may try removing it, and try using the the original audio on the motherboard.
I am starting to suspect it has something to do with my sound card
If i understand your last post, 0.4.6 runs ok on the AMDs current configuration -with that sound-card?
What sound-card is that?
If lmms 0.4.8 has problem with a card, it would be useful information in the documentation. Also others with that card may know a solution, that would fix your problem.
BR
After removing the sound card, and getting the audio from the motherboard working I still had the same problem with ver. 0.4.8 giving the error, and ver. 0.4.6 working good. I will keep trying different things to see if I can track down the problem.
Hello,

Same problem with 0.4.8 and 0.4.9 version they doesn't start (no error message) on my Packard Bell Easy Note with windows XP Pro Sp3 but the 0.4.7 start and work find.
Anyone can help, please ?
Thanks

K
I believe I've found the answer. LMMS versions 4.8 and above require processors with SSE and SSE2 instructions. AMD 32 bit processors only have SSE and no SSE2 where as Intel p4's do have SSE2 instructions. So LMMS v 4.8 and above will not run on AMD XP or semprons. IT should run on AMD64 processors though.