vst gui problems

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Is there a specific wine version best for vst use? Do you have some experience?

some vst (the most important samplers and the slicer) have no gui. I can use knobs from lmms, but I do not see where I can load the samples in the plugin window.

I googled and know that some vsts will not work
know nothing about wine

If it is the MDA vst collection, then there is no gui, they are one-settings-only, and cant be tweaked. Could be that its the same with the one you have
..whitch is??
You should give us an example of the VST you're using. Like musikbear said, some VSTs, like the MDA collection, don't have a GUI at all, so you're looking for something that isn't there.

Let us know what VST your talking about and then you'll get a better answer. :-)
musikbear wrote:know nothing about wine

If it is the MDA vst collection, then there is no gui, they are one-settings-only, and cant be tweaked. Could be that its the same with the one you have
..whitch is??
Wine is a program that allows people on Linux to run windows programs.
With LMMS on Linux it is used to load the vst's, which are mostly .dll files.
wenex wrote:Is there a specific wine version best for vst use? Do you have some experience?

some vst (the most important samplers and the slicer) have no gui. I can use knobs from lmms, but I do not see where I can load the samples in the plugin window.

I googled and know that some vsts will not work
In general the latest version of wine is the best. But like musicbear and redambassador asked, which vst.

I am on linux so I could try, if those vst work for me and or do do have a gui.
what does not work:
sampler basje v2 = ok da crasht lmms sofort
muss computer neustarten - kein sound mehr nach test
jack ist jetzt wieder tot, obwohl ich keine Einstellungen geändert habe und ich ziemlich sicher bin, dass alle so sind wie vorher. Hatte es auch gespeicht, habe keine lust mehr. Schaue aber trotzdem noch ein paar vsts an:
NastyVCS_1.0.1 wird nicht geladen
LOOP_Beat Twist.dll wird nicht geladen
grrr ich finde die mit der Grafik gar nicht..
CrAZyX 2.0.dll ladet nicht
ich glaube jetzt crashen sie alle gröber, weil ich sowieso keinen sound habe. Ich melde mich ein anderes mal wieder :-(

edit: ich habe doch noch ein paar geprüft, aber der frust siegt für heute:

B-Line 303 Free kann nicht geladen werden
CrAZyX 2.0.dll konnte aus irgendeinem Grund nicht geladen werden.
Deep Monosynth.dll konnte aus irgendeinem Grund nicht geladen werden.
Deep Step-606.dll konnte aus irgendeinem Grund nicht geladen werden.

FerricTDS.dll konnte aus irgendeinem Grund nicht geladen werden.
Mysterion.1.0.dll konnte aus irgendeinem Grund nicht geladen werden.
Saturn_V.dll konnte aus irgendeinem Grund nicht geladen werden.
AM TB 30X hätte endlich das Problem mit der GUI leicht gehabt, crashte aber beim ersten klick darauf mitsammt lmms

schön langsam glaube ich, das gui problem wurde zu einem allgemeinen
I tried the first one basje 2 and when I loded it, lmms frooze and so did wine.

So I am afriad this one wont work on linux.

Here are some that should work:
http://www.linux-vst.com/
If wine spits out an error please let us know. If we can fix it it would be nice to place in our bug tracker.
i see I wrote german

I can not reproduce the gui error now anymore. After the last crash jack is dead again and now it seems, the vsts with the gui troubles now do not load anymore.
could you try one of the vst's that is known to work on linux?
https://lmms.io/documentation/Tested_VSTs
Choose anyone of your own interest, that has a green OK makr in the linux column.
The result of this test, is important, because it would make it possible to exclude lmms as reason for your problems, and then the focus can be on wine or jack

(- i like Superwave P8 for itst sound and low cpu usage! If you dont know one to choose, i would take Superwave P8
Otherwice Synth1 is my 'prove of concept' and should be in everyones vst collection. Its simply brilliant! -but must be 'installed')