EVM BassLine vst buzzes very loudly thru right speaker

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
EVM BassLine vst buzzes very loudly thru right speaker --- nothing like this has ever occurred with any of my 350 other vst instruments which I use in LMMS (though I have noticed a couple other EVM VSTs only play thru the left speaker)....

Occasionally the buzzing stops --- revealing EVM BassLine to be the best-sounding free Bass VST I've ever heard (if you're looking for bass guitar sounds). So I check this on each of my computers, to determine it's not a problem specific to my computer or speaker system --- and the problem is identical on both machines.

Next, to ensure that I hadn't downloaded a corrupt-file version of the vst, I re-downloaded it from multiple sources (e.g. vst4free and vstplanet), and there's no change.

I then searched online to see if anyone else has mentioned this issue over the many years since the vst was released --- nothing comes up....

So process of elimination seems to indicate this is directly related to the fact that I'm using it in LMMS ( version 1.0.0 on one computer and v 1.0.3 on the other). Windows XP, both machines.

You guys can't imagine how much I appreciate everything you do --- it has really helped me to learn a lot and to successfully create a lot of really good music --- so I'm really hoping the solution will occur to one of you; and then I will be able to use the superb sounds offered by the EVM BassLine vst.

:D

Thanks!
Andy
i answered the identical Q for several month ago, i think if you search, you will find a 'hack' ''solution'' with stereo-matrix.. think i even made a file .. not sure
Let me know if you find it, else i will redo.. *sigh* :p
I did a search on EVM, here in Troubleshooting --- our two posts today are the only posts which mention EVM. Is there another section of the forum where that post might be located?

Plus, I did an internet search on the phrase "LMMS EVM", in case maybe your older post might be archived and publicly accessible somewhere --- but it didn't appear in the search results.

Do you think when you previously addressed this issue, perhaps it was on the old SourceForge forum, to which we no longer have access?

I'm very encouraged that you have already addressed this issue in the past --- your post today seems to indicate that there is definitely a way for me to use EVM BassLine in LMMS. I really tried, but I'm sorry to say I was unable to find your earlier post.

Andy
hi, no that was not evm, that was an other vst that only made output in one channel, but i actually think you can use the trick i show in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8MzUXf3TX0
what you then do, is to insert a "amplifyer" on both 'wet-channels', but do not have to change the vol. -just send the signal to different stereo-channels, with amplifyers left/right option.
This method is superior to the one with stereo-matrix, because you still have 2 real seperated channels, and you can make different things on theese wet ones too. (as i do in the video)
Let me know if it works the way i think it will :)
There is also the apparently issue of it buzzing very loudly, Musikbear.

You are sure that the buzzing isn't from the VST being too loud for LMMS to handle and clipping badly?
Sorry for necropost, but I've found a workaround. It's not a solution but could help anyone else having this issue. Pan it all the way to the left, add a stereoenhancer effect to it, and turn the knob on the effect all the way up. Sounds normal, no buzzing, and not difficult to implement. I hope this helps someone.