SYLENTH1 DOESN'T WORK

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I really really really like to have Sylenth1 on LMMS, but it's not supported......What can I do? :(
Can you describe the problem you have? Many VSTs out there aren't really supported but you can try to load them anyway. Or does Sylenth1 simply fail to load completely?

What operating system, LMMS version and audio interface are you using?

Here's a list of VSTs that have been tested on LMMS so far: http://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Tested_VSTs
Probably best to track this specific issue on our tracker here:

https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/1183

Some of these crashes are reproducible. If they are, we stand a chance of reproducing and debugging them.

-Tres
I have the same problem and I can't figure it out either. However, I've been looking around and as far as I know, no one else has this problem, I mean, I don't see anyone else posting something like this and it doesn't seem to be a common issue so we might have to try and find the problem ourselves.
OMG LISTEN TO ME! I FOUND THE WAY AROUND THAT. sorry for the caps lock but here's what you do:
Delete the current sylenth1.dll file and reinstall the 32bit version ONLY and put it in the plugins folder.
Then load up the Vst and it should work!
kairuip00p wrote: OMG LISTEN TO ME! I FOUND THE WAY AROUND THAT. sorry for the caps lock but here's what you do:
Delete the current sylenth1.dll file and reinstall the 32bit version ONLY and put it in the plugins folder.
Then load up the Vst and it should work!
I have tried that you suggest but Sylenth1 still crashes when the default preset is changed. My operation system is Win7 64bit (HUN), Lmms (version 1.1.3) and Sylenth1 (v3.032 32bit VST2 demo) seem to be up to date. Has the 32bit version of Sylenth1 really fixed the problem in your case? Have you any further idea?
ltorma wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:43 pm
I have tried that you suggest but Sylenth1 still crashes when the default preset is changed.
Try the latest BETA
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... -win32.exe
It would be nice if you would report back.

Besides that, since you are new here- Welcome to the forum ltorma ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
musikbear wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:29 pm
Try the latest BETA
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... -win32.exe
It would be nice if you would report back.
Hi musikbear,

Thank you for the answer!

I have installed the BETA version and it fixes the crash of Sylenth1 when the preset is changed, but the menu of this VST still doesn't work properly. The popup menu is visible only while the mouse button is being pressed on the title "MENU", so the menu options can't be chosen.

Additionally there are two new problems:

1) At the start of this BETA version of LMMS there is an error message (translated to English by me): 'No disk in drive. Please insert a disk into the drive \Device\Harddisk\DR1'. I suppose maybe it refers to the network drive. There wasn't any error message at version 1.1.3.

2) U-He Diva doesn't work with this BETA version, but it works with the version 1.1.3.

I appreciate any help or comment.

ps.: In the meantime I have found a solution for the popup menu of Sylenth1. It can be used if the mouse button is being pressed on the menu title and the keyboard arrows are used to select the proper option. It is not the most comfortable solution, but seems to be working.
ltorma wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:47 am
I have installed the BETA version and it fixes the crash of Sylenth1 when the preset is changed
Good!
, but the menu of this VST still doesn't work properly. The popup menu is visible only while the mouse button is being pressed on the title "MENU", so the menu options can't be chosen.
Not good...
'No disk in drive. Please insert a disk into the drive
Known issue just press Continue
2) U-He Diva doesn't work with this BETA version, but it works with the version 1.1.3.
'Not work' In what way exactly, can you explain what part fails. Are there any popups, then please make screenshot
used if the mouse button is being pressed on the menu title and the keyboard arrows are used to select the proper option.
No thats not satisfying at all. we need to find a reason -thanks!
musikbear wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:58 pm
'Not work' In what way exactly, can you explain what part fails. Are there any popups, then please make screenshot
Diva (v4078) 32bit can be loaded, preset can be changed (however there is click noise at each preset change), but when it should produce some sound (for example a key is pressed in VeSTige window, or a song is played which includes some notes for Diva), it crashes. There is not any specific error message, I have attached a screen shot, the text is in Hungarian. The upper window says that RemoteVSTPlugin.exe crashes and Windows collects some information. The bottom one asks whether I want to send some information about the crash to Microsoft.

ps.: If image is not visible, here is its link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4syx2hhx9kyah ... A.png?dl=0