Native plugins one semitone out of tune

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi. When I try to use native plugins they seem to sound one semitone down out of tune. If I play an A the sound it comes out is a G#. I realized this when wanted to mix native plugins with VSTi ones, they were not playing the same note. Then used some VST tuner plugin to check and showed me native plugins were playing one semitone down. VSTi plugins seem to sound as they should. Found same problem with LMMS v1.1.0 x32 and x64. My setup is a Windows 7 x64.

Hope someone can help me.

Thank you very much. :)
I think the reason is the tuning of your native preset:

The green slider 'base-note', should be at the same key in all presets!
Check that.
Im almost sure thats where your problem lies?

You can read more about how the tuning and register is chosen here;
https://lmms.io/documentation/Working_with_Instruments
Thank you for your reply and help musikbear. That feature is quite interesting and specially useful for me (for other reasons). So thanks for the hint. Anyway, I am afraid that was not the problem. Although It could help as a "dirty" fix for it, just changing the green dot 1 time down (it seems it is out of tune one semitone up, not down, my fault).

I decided to try to fight the issue again a little more today and thought it could be related to the audio engine selected in the options (I was using WASAPI) so I decided to change it to MME and Directsound. Sound was horrible (all cracked) and no matter how much I would increase the buffer size it wouldn't improve the sound at all. But It allowed me to check if at least the problem was solved. Sadly same issue.

But then, after that test I suddenly recalled that my windows soundcard configuration was 24bit 48000Hz. So I decided to change it to 24bit 44100Hz and suddenly problem was fixed when using WASAPI. Strange thing though is that same issue still happens with MME and Directsound, which doesn't make any sense.

musikbear, can I ask you to see if you can replicate this issue in case you use windows OS to know if it is something with my system or an actual bug ? So in case it is a bug I can report it.

Thank you very much again.

Greetings.

Edit: Another thing that I forgot to comment that doesn't make sense for me is how this issue/bug only affects the native plugins instead of all the output sound.

Edit2: I was able to find a moment ago a portaudio dll compiled with ASIO support, tested using ASIO4ALL and everything sounds good too. (ASIO4ALL tip message shows the ASIO driver selecting 44100Hz when loading LMMS).
First of all - great that you have solved the issue !
No, i cant reproduce, and that was also why i thought that it was the base-note posistion, that was off.
why only native instruments will react different to sound-device settings, if propl because they generate the output in a different way, than vsts (also the reason for the difference in ENV/LFO possibillities)

It is great that you can use ASIO, but for everything windows, we do recommend SDL!
If you stick with ASIO, then you should not have other programs open together with lmms. The thing is, that if ASIO crashes, it will almost always lead to a bsod, and all you can do is reboot..

If you try SDL and is satisfied with it, i would use that, and if you find that to be off, then there is something not right with your system, but otherwise the abnormality is 'simply' because of the sound-device not working 100% correct with lmms ao hw

B.r.
I will try SDL then and see what happens and will keep in mind the advice about ASIO. Thank you very much again. :)
Hi.
I have recently downloaded lmms and I'm having the exact same problem with third party plugins. I find it difficult and frustrating and I'm considering quitting producing if I can't find a fix for this.

Your fix confuses me how exactly do you just "change it to 24bit 41000hz"

What exact settings are you changing and how do you do this?
Luke Fly wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:18 pm
Hi.
Hi, Welcome to the forum Luke ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
I'm having the exact same problem with third party plugins
No that would be exact opposite -His issue was with native plugins
how exactly do you just "change it to 24bit 41000hz"
That is with the interfase for your soundcard. You will properly have a small configuration program for your soundcard, but maby not, if its an onboard in a labtop.
What is your soundcard?
Have you tried SDL as i recommended ?