Cannot access settings - Win7 64

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello,
LMMS crashes every time I try to access Edit > Settings. Otherwise it seems to be working fine. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the problem persists.

Possibly relevant - I had some problems initially with not getting any sound, as it turned out I just needed to update the driver for my soundcard. But before I figured that out I had tried running the 32bit version to see if that produced sound. I think that may have been the last time I successfully accessed the settings menu. After I switched to the 64bit version Edit > Settings causes instant death - "This application has requested that the runtime terminate it in an unusual way"

Any ideas?
(Windows 7 64, core i5 2540m, 4GB)
file a bug here with the same information https://github.com/LMMS/lmms
before filing as bug
-have you upgraded to 1.1.3 ?
Did you do a proper de-install of the x32 version, before you installed x64
musikbear wrote:Did you do a proper de-install of the x32 version, before you installed x64
What is a proper deinstall?
not using windows add/remove-programs, but the correct uninstall-feature named Uninstall.exe, that is in the installation library. I trust that more than windows add/remove-programs.
You can also use tools like cclearner to be 100% sure, you will get a new fresh install.
Or regcleaner. Be carefull though, especially with that last one.

With that last tool, only delete stuff, of which you are 100% sure its from lmms.

For most people ccleaner is prob the better option. It also backs up the register, so if things go wrong, you can restore the register from a backup.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Uninstall lmms, then run ccleaner, then install lmms again.

In general, never ever, go deleting stuff in the register of windows, unless you know what you're doing.
There are more tools, but I never tried those myself. I have used ccleaner, on windows 7 (32bit)
musikbear wrote:not using windows add/remove-programs, but the correct uninstall-feature named Uninstall.exe, that is in the installation library. I trust that more than windows add/remove-programs.
You have never wondered why performing these two different uninstall options opens the exact same uninstall window?