kicks come out distorted after exporting an LMMS file

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I've recently finished a project and exported the file, but realized the sample kick i used for my beat came out heavily distorted. So then i thought there was a problem with the sample i used, which is why i changed it to another sample kick. however, the kicks were distorted after exporting yet again. haven't found any useful tips online yet. can anyone help?
sgklla wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:37 am
I've recently finished a project
Welcome to the forum sgkila! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
the kicks were distorted after exporting yet again
Strange, please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-version)
* lmms version
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)
* Latency setting
* lmms sound device chosen
* a demo mmp
* a sound-file on soundcloud or a similar service, with both recorded and exported output
Also open the Demo-project-folder: //projects\cool_songs/Skiessi-Onion.mmpz and export that,is that also distorted
Was not the volume of the kicks too high?

Or, what export options have you chosen?
sgklla wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:37 am
I've recently finished a project and exported the file, but realized the sample kick i used for my beat came out heavily distorted. So then i thought there was a problem with the sample i used, which is why i changed it to another sample kick. however, the kicks were distorted after exporting yet again. haven't found any useful tips online yet. can anyone help?
It sounds like you've been using lmms-1.2.0-RC3. It has indeed an issue with noise on the default export settings of 24-bit. This has been fixed but not yet released. Try exporting with 16 bit or limiting the master track so the level doesn't go over +/-1.0 where clipping will be applied.