PRoblem With Midi Keyboard

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I have a problem with the Midi keyboard i use,IT doesnt work with LMMS its an Ekeys 47,The keyboard works with some other software but not in LMMS !
I don't know if you got your problem sorted, as I have a similar issue.

I have LMMS loaded and running fine, making all the right noises etc.
I have a Yamaha keyboard and have bought a midi to USB interface to control my music making.
But nothing I can do will make it visible when trying to set up the midi input in LMMS.
There is a worrying comment in the LMMS manual which hints that in some cases you might have to change the registry settings, but nothing about what needs to be done.
Actually, I cannot see any reference to LMMS in the registry - I am running XP professional and LMMS 0.4.13 on a Dell D630 laptop.
I thought at first that the interface I had bought was faulty, but all the warning lights are showing as they should, and have also had it replaced by the manufacturer, but still all I can see is WINMM Midi or Dummy (no midi support), which do nothing to get my connection working.
I have made sure I selected WINMM and saved the configuration, but still nothing.
Anyone know how to resolve this one as I am so impressed with LMMS, I just want to get using it as intended?
Steve