VSTs wont load when opening LMMS project file

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I use LMMS 4.9 and Win 7 64bit. This applies to ALL VSTs ive tried, both as FX and vestige instrument.
I get an error similar to this:
The VST-plugin AfterShockDelay.dll could not be loaded for some reason.
If it runs with other VST-software under Linux, please contact an LMMS-developer!
First, the error message should be changed as im not using Linux and thinking that all VSTS run fine in Win version of lmms is hardly right.
This reminds me the "Empty project" error:
This project is empty so exporting makes no sense. Please put some items into Song Editor first!
How about just having a "Project is empty." instead? sounds unprofessional.

And in some (most) cases, after you load the project and get that error, you cant even load a VST and set the settings over again, as you get the same error.
this could be a win64 isue?? It is definately not the case for 0.4.9-win32. -except!: If you actually load a project from windows-explorer -eg asociated open, then vst's does not load!
If you use the browser that is part of LMMS, then you should have no problem loading any vst that is listed on the wiki as the 'tested vsts'.
So -do you use LMMS' own browser in the sidebar, or did you load the file associated by double-clicking in win-explorer? The latter method is flawed.
br.
well then, I hope this will be fixed and I will be able to open my vst projects from 'explorer' the same way i load my projects which do not use a vst instrument, and the same way i open just about any file.
well then, I hope this will be fixed and I will be able to open my vst projects from 'explorer' the same way i load my projects which do not use a vst instrument
agrees, but did your projects open correctly from within LMMS? It would be nice to know if win64 has a different behavior in respect to file-handle.
so..
Please post wheather or not your VST projects can open correctly with LMMS own sidebar browser.
br.
Yes, it works. x86 VSTs run fine on a 64bit machine. Actually, ins some cases the x64 versions dont run.
Some VSTs such as this generate additional 'clipping'-like sounds: http://dskmusic.blogspot.com/2010/09/ds ... eased.html
I dont know if its a 64bit issue, as i dont have a 32 bit machine to try on.
lmmsusr wrote:The VST-plugin AfterShockDelay.dll could not be loaded for some reason.
If it runs with other VST-software under Linux, please contact an LMMS-developer!
I tested LMMS 4.9 in Win 7 64-bit. I get the same error when loading VSTs but I found a workaround.

Try this:
1) Close LMMS entirely. Right click the lmms shortcut, click Properties.
2) Go to the Compatibility tab. Check the Run this program in compatibility mode check box.
3) Select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) in the pulldown menu. Click OK.
4) Open LMMS then try loading a VST!
That isnt preferrable as in that case im asked to allow lmms to make changes to the computer each time.
Still doesnt seem to fix the problem, you say i should try loading a vst AFTER i open my project, so im guessing you mean that this method still wont load the vsts (and it doesnt by my tests) and PRESETS when i open a project, but at least it will allow to load a vst afterwards. I rather go with LMMS's file browser method, as i dont feel like setting up all the VST options over again and this method seems (but still doesnt by my tests) solve only a small part of the issue, by allowing to reload a VST afterwards only.
I tested LMMS 4.9 in Win 7 64-bit. I get the same error when loading VSTs but I found a workaround.
interesting, cause that can aid in finding a permanent fix.
Yes, it works. x86 VSTs run fine on a 64bit machine
Great, that kind of turn this problem from a mission critical bug, to a small glitch (my opignion exclucively ofcause:)
Br.
I am using LMMS 0.4.13 on Win 7 64 bit.

I faced the same problem. When I am working on a project and add a vst instrument using VeSTige, it works fine. Then I save the project, close LMMS. At a later point, I open LMMS and try to open the old project. That's when things goes wrong, and the project never loads. LMMS hangs trying to load the project.

I tried running LMMS in compatibility mode as suggested here. But that didn't help. I don't have XP as an option in compatibility mode dropdown. I tried with Vista, Vista SP2 & Win 2008 server. None of them worked. I can't open my old saved projects which has a VST.

Other projects without any VST can be opened fine.

Any clue anyone?
I have exactly the same problem. With time it seems to be even worse...

Please let me know, when you found a solution.

>>> Funny this forum, feeling lonely.