persistent automation of track's "muted" setting

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi,

I can't seem to permanently set up automations to mute tracks. It doesn't matter whether I use 1 automation track to control 3 tracks, 3 separate automation tracks for 1 track each, or use song-global automations. Initially everything works as intended, but after saving and opening the project file the tracks aren't automatically muted anymore - automation tracks lose connections and the according song-global automations are empty.

I could reproduce this behaviour in an empty project, with no other modifications except a few added notes. I'm using the stock 0.4.5 binary release for Windows, running on XP SP3.

I'd appreciate any help or further information.

Thanks,
- mt
It seems indeed like the automation of the activation of the tracks isn't saved at all. It's definitely a useful thing..

For a temporary solution, you could automate the volume controls (saving & opening works fine here with 0.4.5) or even better - since a mute control can either be on or off - simply remove the notes/bars of the tracks that should be muted at that point. If you already have an automation for the track's volume control, you can assign an FX channel to the track and automate that channel's volume. Hope that works for you!
This definitely is a bug. Please submit a bug report at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=640434