Sample track crashing

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Franny23dmt wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:06 pm
I had to cut the 10 minute file into 5 pieces, 4.5 minute segment pieces were cutting out towards the end of them in the render.
Glad it worked out! :)

**edit 6 pieces , it cut out again lol
I don't get this. I have a much weaker machine than you do and I can load and render files an hour long or so. What quality are the samples used and the render output (file format, sample rate etc.) ?
zonkmachine wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:19 pm
I don't get this. I have a much weaker machine than you do and I can load and render files an hour long or so. What quality are the samples used and the render output (file format, sample rate etc.) ?
To answer your question concisely I am trying to insert 16 bit, 44.1khz audio samples & and am trying to render final project @ 96khz 32 bit, approx 10 mins in length ( wav file format)

i gave up on trying this, as the smaller I cut the sample track/channel, the more errors were introduced. I gave up on 7 pieces with errors in at least 4 of the sections, the last attempt yielded errors at about 1 sec b4 the end of samples

I am rendering channels to audio because my fav VST sometimes crashes its ARP in high sample rate renders, so I render the ARP channel @ 44.1Khz 16bit & the ARP doesnt crash....

Then I am trying to render the whole track @ 96Khz, 32bit , because i can hear the quality difference between dithering to 44.12khz/16bit with Audacity and 16 bit output from LMMS.

I am now rendering the whole project to 44.1khz 32 bit & the ARP doesnt crash. <-- my only solution until i compile the new version

My CPU doesnt go over 15% when playing back the track/s , so definitely not running out of resources.
Sorry for the necrobump, but still today (LMMS 1.2.0.12) I have issues when loading sample tracks. LMMS freezes and makes the whole Gnome session unresponsive. It's not deterministic, it happens on average once every 2 or 3 track loads.

I first thought that the issue was related to the size of the audio file, so I started using OGG compressed files instead of raw WAV. But the crashes are still happening, even with a 4 minutes long 4.8 MB OGG file.

The system isn't running out of resources: there's enough RAM and CPU bandwidth when the freezes occur. Any hints on the possible cause?
blacklight86 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:25 pm
...I first thought that the issue was related to the size of the audio file, so I started using OGG compressed files instead of raw WAV. But the crashes are still happening, even with a 4 minutes long 4.8 MB OGG file.
We have a time limit pf 90 minutes in lmms-1.2 so this should work just fine.

blacklight86 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:25 pm
The system isn't running out of resources: there's enough RAM and CPU bandwidth when the freezes occur. Any hints on the possible cause?
Yes. Do you think you can provide a backtrace?