Sample track crashing

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
So I have had to render some channels separately (long story). I figured I would render the channels and then use them in a "sample track" as audio... but when I load such a large file it crashes immediately... And other DAWs on Linux don't handle VSTSs so I can't mixdown & master tracks there with plugins I know etc

Any ideas to fix? it still loads smaller files no worries, the files i am trying to use are about 110mb

using LMMS version 1.1.3

My motherboard is
X79-UP4
vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

has an i7 in it (8740 i think )
16gb RAM

Using the sound card on the motherboard
Franny23dmt wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:35 am
:
it still loads smaller files no worries,
:
I know of this from earlier, but 110mb is not the issue, it is the length
Lmms start to choke if a sound-file is ~ >5 min, sometimes later, but not predictable.
What you could do, is to chop the longer file up in shorter segments, and then use one Sample-track for each segment.
I believe the current Master handles longer tracks better, but there are so many other issue, so dont go there -try chopping it, and lets hear the outcome
musikbear wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:41 pm
I believe the current Master handles longer tracks better...
Yes. The new stable-1.2 beta has some fixes for long samples. We now try and open a file if it's below 300MB in size and 90 minutes in length.

Franny23dmt wrote:
...the files i am trying to use are about 110mb
In your case I think you're missing the older 100MB limit warning because it was sent to the terminal and not as a pop up window.
Try the 1.2 beta and see if it works for you. Assuming Windows -> https://lmms.io/download/#windows
musikbear wrote:
Franny23dmt wrote:
:
:
Lmms start to choke if a sound-file is ~ >5 min, sometimes later, but not predictable.
What you could do, is to chop the longer file up in shorter segments, and then use one Sample-track for each segment.
I believe the current Master handles longer tracks better, but there are so many other issue, so dont go there -try chopping it, and lets hear the outcome
great idea, will try it next time i need to use audio channels :) thankyou!
zonkmachine wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:34 pm
Try the 1.2 beta and see if it works for you. Assuming Windows -> https://lmms.io/download/#windows

I'm a Linux fanboy & I haven't compiled the beta because it runs so stable at the moment, I didn't want to risk not being able to open projects and I don't know the updates benefits. . Probably just paranoia :)
Franny23dmt wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:29 am
I don't know the updates benefits. .
It's basically more stable and polished. Almost five months of work. There has been fixes of crashes and bugs related to sample tracks so this would concern you. Then there's the large file handling which would take care of the crash you're seeing. ;)
musikbear wrote:
Franny23dmt wrote:
:
:

So I tried cutting up a channel into less than 5 min blocks... Now sample track will load but it wont play back at all ...... spewing coz i really thought this was going to work, because sample track has worked well when i have used it b4

even a 1 minute block wont play back, but a 15 second sample will

****edit*** sorry , i forgot that sample tracks only playback if you play the entire section from the start & you cant skip etc to new sections of the track...

Thank you soooo very much!!! :D
zonkmachine wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:16 am
Franny23dmt wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:29 am
I don't know the updates benefits. .
It's basically more stable and polished. Almost five months of work. There has been fixes of crashes and bugs related to sample tracks so this would concern you. Then there's the large file handling which would take care of the crash you're seeing. ;)
oh cheers for the info, I will have to compile it soon!!! thanks so much for your wonderful work <3
Franny23dmt wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:29 am
...sample tracks only playback if you play the entire section from the start & you cant skip etc to new sections of the track...
Fixed! ;)
I had to cut the 10 minute file into 5 pieces, 4.5 minute segment pieces were cutting out towards the end of them in the render.
Glad it worked out! :)

**edit 6 pieces , it cut out again lol