Resize pattern from the beggining in the song editor

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello !

I am quite new to LMMS, and after some research I still can't find how to resize a pattern in the song editor, from the beginning.
More precisely, I can resize a pattern from the end, so it keeps only the beginning of the pattern, but how could I keep the end?

Thank you very much :-).
datross wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:31 pm
Hello !
I am quite new to LMMS,
Welcome to the forum datross! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

If you like to introduce yourself to the rest of the community, this is the right place
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

I still can't find how to resize a pattern in the song editor,
Note-patterns or as we call them note-blocks cant be 'resized'. Blocks take automatically the length that fits the pattern of note. However, you do not need to insert notes in piano-roll from the 0 position !
It is quite ok to start a pattern in piano-roll, in 3. beat, or any other pos.
That way the block in song-editor will kind of be 'elongated' in the start, and the block would be silent in the first 2 beats. I hope thats explain it for you.
If not, ask again :)
Perhaps my LMMS rookie-guide can interest you? Link in signature.
Thank you musikbear for your quick answer !
And thanks for the links also.

So for my problem, I understand it wasn't clear at all :D.

I was talking about "pattern in the song editor", but in fact it doesn't concern notes patterns.
I'm talking about strips (which are edited in the pattern editor), like this:

Again I used the word "resize", I meant more a cropping.
Now I can reduce the size of a strip from the end of the strip (so it cuts the end of it), but I can't find how to dot it from the beginning of the strip (so cutting the beginning and keeping the end).

For example I made a drum pattern in the pattern editor, and then I put several times the pattern in the song editor. But at one point I want to replace the beat with a transition, the problem is the transition appears at the beginning of the measure and is shorter that the drum pattern. So I want to cut just one drum pattern strip and keep the ending part of it.

I hope it is clearer now!

Thank you again :-).
datross wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:05 pm
I was talking about "pattern in the song editor", but in fact it doesn't concern notes patterns.
Ahh thatta way, No, that is not possible.
B&B-track blocks ca only be resized from right side, but you can design the patterns like i do here in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNHhGmvF__k
You can move the pattern by click on it, hold <Ctrl> and move it to the right place. Then you can resize it from the right side. That's a work around this problem. In 1.3 it will be possible to resize from left. But at the moment there is no other solution.
Hi, Is it possible to resize the pattern in the most recent versions of it ? Thanks !
Alex KTND wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:21 pm
Hi,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum Alex KTND!
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

Is it possible to resize the pattern in the most recent versions of it ? Thanks !
Not in current release, but it comes -perhaps next release