Recording Control Change

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Dear all,
I'm new to LMMS and to production in general, please bear with me.

I have an expander (a Waldord Blofeld) and I'm trying to use it with LMMS.
So far, I can play on keyboard, send MIDI through LMMS and out to the Blofeld, and record the notes. Cool.

What I would like to do is to record the manipulations to the Blofeld knobs, to record the "performance".
For every knob "step" the Blofeld obviously sends out Control Changes (and also a Sysex I think), but I do not understand how I can record them.

Do you have any ideas? Should I use automation tracks??? I've spent some hours but I can not figure it out!!

Thank you!!
All the best,
Mrk.
Mrk wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:26 pm
Dear all,
I'm new to LMMS
Welcome to the forum Mrk! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

In case you like to introduce yourself to the rest of the community, this is the right place
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
I have an expander (a Waldord Blofeld) and I'm trying to use it with LMMS.
So far, I can play on keyboard, send MIDI through LMMS and out to the Blofeld, and record the notes. Cool.
I have no idea what an expander is, and i can see that Waldorf Blofeld is highend hw -Is it a keyboard of a kind..
What I would like to do is to record the manipulations to the Blofeld knobs, to record the "performance".
Should I use automation tracks?
You can use automation tracks, if you can make any lmms dials move. Then you right-click the dials automation-track, and select record.

I hope someone witch own a midi-controller chimes in. i do not, so im not even sure i understand the situation correctly :0)
Thanks musikbear,
yes, the Waldorf Blofeld is an hardware synth.
I own the "desktop" version, without the keyboard: that's what I call an expander
Here it is the little beast: Blofeld

I am able to associate a knob of the Blofeld to the vol or pan of a vst, but then I'm not able to play it back to the blofeld.

To put it briefly, I not able to find in LMMS the correct "widget" to represent an external hw synth: LMMS appears to be way more oriented to the use of software synths.... :(

I would be happy to hear some other opinion!

Thanks to everyone,
Mrk.
I remembered this article -Can it help you
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Us ... oard-wheel
So, we don't actually expose the actual midi CC knobs in LMMS, there's already an enhancement out for it. I don't think there's a workaround for your problem, so yeah, sending external midi CC messages is something that I don't think is currently possible in LMMS.
Thank you guys!

@umcaruje , what do you men for "there's already an enhancement out for it"? Is it a feature planned for the future?

All the best,
Mrk
Mrk wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:16 am
what do you men for "there's already an enhancement out for it"? Is it a feature planned for the future?
Yes thats what it means. feature not scheduled