umcaruje wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Ok, so this seems to be an actual bug with the precedence of controller instructions in LMMS, seems like a controller connection will override automation. I'll file up an issue over on github, but for now to go over this issue, just disconnect all controllers from the actual control you recorded, so your recorded automation can take effect.
hi i just started using LMMS and automation was something i wanted to try. i found the same problem.
if i connect a control to an automation track by holding control and dragging the knob to it
then turn on record/clear so the red record button shows, i can then hit the play button and record the automation track no worries,
I then turn off record/clear but unless i actually disconnect the midi control knob that's locked to the track the automation wont work , the actual midi HW knob takes precedence over the automation track and i have to disconnect the knob connection for the automation track to work.
this is ok with one knob, but when you start adding heaps of controls you have to disconnect them all to hear your automation's