Disruptive Problem/(Potential) Bug.

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I'll explain briefly. In the Song Editor section, I want to open the Piano Roll of an instrument, so I go and do so. The problem is, right clicking the item I want to edit on, piano roll does not open despite me clearly pressing on the item to do so, and when I try to double left click, it doesn't work either. I have literally no idea what I did here, and it is becoming disruptive, and halting my progress as I cannot create notes. I cannot edit new instruments, and can only remove them. No pictures to show, and besides, this should be enough information to get an idea of my problem.
On wich version of LMMS does it happen ?

What's your OS ?

(I can't help, but this informations may help those who can help you)
Electric Tiger wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:57 pm
this should be enough information to get an idea of my problem.
Sorry, no it is not
please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-version)
* lmms version
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)
* a demo mmp
Test a default shipped file:
Best is to open the Demo-project-folder: //projects\cool_songs/Skiessi-Onion.mmpz and test with that file
When UI fails, a possible reason is a bad theme. Have you changed theme/ skin?

Besides that, since you are new here, Welcome to the forum Electric Tiger! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

In case you like to introduce yourself to the rest of the community, this is the right place
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
musikbear wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:57 pm
Electric Tiger wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:57 pm
this should be enough information to get an idea of my problem.
Sorry, no it is not
please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-version)
* lmms version
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)
* a demo mmp
For OS: I'm running Windows 10 Home
For LMMS Version: LMMS 1.1.3
For Hardware Specs:
  • Soundcard: Built into the Motherboard, but I believe it's a Intel HD Audio Chip
    RAM: 8.00 GB
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3340 CPU @3.10GHz
    Graphics Card (if that matters somehow): NVIDEA GeForce GTX 560
For a demo mmp: I can't even load the files- they're effectively dead. They don't even work, but sure.You can download it and see what's wrong with the file I guess. The file I'm sending you uses a custom synth, more specifically the GeneralUser GS SoftSynth V1.44, so it's best to download that too. It is uploaded onto my Puush account, if that's good: https://puu.sh/x1SHY.mmpz

*EDIT* I have to open the file directly from the folder, instead of opening it through LMMS, which is... strange to say the least. I might just re-install LMMS entirely.
Scratch all the mehe below :p
All i had to do was open you file, and inspect the thing you call 'graphical-error'
That is indeed your piano-roll, but you have somehow condensed it with mouse-dragging.
You just need to drag the edge until you get buttons, then click the 'maximize' button, and you have a normal piano-roll again.
Then retry to open an-other file, i think that will work too

------------------------------

If you cant load files (?) I think it can be a user-privilege problem
Are you the admin of the pc (Specs btw more than sufficient for lmms)
We have seen quite aggressive win10 enterprise-edd. control with files and resources.
LMMS is not signed as windows approved (cost butloads), and enterprise does not like that..
But you are on 'Home'... that would be a new one...
I will inspect your file.
Electric Tiger wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:28 am
I might just re-install LMMS entirely.
Yes, i think that a good idea, but make sure you install as admin, and that you also get rid of the DOT-file before installation!
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=LM ... h_Settings
musikbear wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:43 am
Scratch all the mehe below :p
All i had to do was open you file, and inspect the thing you call 'graphical-error'
That is indeed your piano-roll, but you have somehow condensed it with mouse-dragging.
You just need to drag the edge until you get buttons, then click the 'maximize' button, and you have a normal piano-roll again.
Then retry to open an-other file, i think that will work too
...Well, that's an embarassing mistake to make, and a very hidden one too it seemed. I'll keep eyes to the bottom left from now on.
Thanks for helping, anyhow!