Saving and reusing instrument presets

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi there! I'm not %100 sure this belongs here and not in suggestions, but I'm pretty sure I used to be able to do this and I don't know if it's because of something I'm doing or something that's changed in the program, or what. So this is a fairly common scenario that I deal with: I'm working on a track and there's a very specific sound that I want to use that I remember was present in an older track that I was working on, so I save what I'm doing and go back and listen to the old song again. I find the instrument that is producing the sound I desire, and I click the "save current instrument settings as a preset file" button, type in a name for it and hit save. Then I go back to the original track I was working on and go to open up my presets folder, but the one I just saved isn't there. I have to close out of LMMS and reload everything to get it to show up.

This isn't a HUGE issue so if there isn't a fix I'm not gonna cry about it, but it does break up my workflow and is somewhat annoying, and as I said I'm pretty sure I used to be able to do this without having to reload everything. Any help?

(I'm using LMMS 1.1.3 in Windows 10 if that helps)
I can't help.

An alternative way :

When I want to use a synth that is in another project:
- I leave my current project open,
- I open the project in which the synth is located,
- and with CTRL + click I drag and drop the synth to my current project.
Huh... I didn't know you could do that. I don't usually work on more than one project at a time so I guess I never tried that. I'll give that a go next time. Thanks!
Foggy wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:26 am
Huh... I didn't know you could do that
Yes, that is possible, but it is not practical
What you need to do is to 'refresh' the internal browser, then new instruments will appear
Refresh is the circular-arrow next to the search-field
Found it! Thanks musikbear. I probably never would have seen that if you hadn't said something.