Enabling Vestige in LMMS 1.2 RC3

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi! I managed to compile and install LMMS 1.2 RC3 in Ubuntu. I followed this steps:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install build-essential cmake libsndfile1-dev libfftw3-dev \
libvorbis-dev libogg-dev libmp3lame-dev libasound2-dev libjack-jackd2-dev \
libsamplerate0-dev libsdl-dev libstk0-dev stk libfluidsynth-dev portaudio19-dev \
libfltk1.3-dev wine-dev libxinerama-dev libxft-dev libgig-dev git qtbase5-dev \
qttools5-dev-tools qttools5-dev
cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../target/ -WANT_VST=ON -DWANT_QT5=ON
make -j4
make install
Everything works just fine! Exept Vestige, I can't see it in the instruments list. When LMMS loads, it shows the error: 'VST sync support disabled in your configuration'. I alreadt installed the kxstudio repositories and lmms-vst-full, but i can't see it yet. I also have wine-2.0.2 installed. In LMMS 1.1.3 I can use vestige correctly, but I still can't find it using the 1.2 version.

Any ideas? Thank you.
Zeioth wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:36 pm
Hi! I managed to compile and install LMMS 1.2 RC3 in Ubuntu. I followed this steps:
You hve obviously used lmms for some time, but since you are new here, Welcome to the forum Zeioth! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

In case you like to introduce yourself to the rest of the community, this is the right place
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

My best guess for your problem is that you need a different WINE. You read about fixing wine issues here:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... _with_WINE

Lets know if it helped you.
SOLVED:

Thank you musikbear! You were right.

Instead of 'wine-dev', I needed the packages 'libwine-dev:i386 wine32-tools:i386' (due to this issue?). I'm going to write the complete process in case it can be useful to someone else.

FAQ: HOW TO COMPILE LMMS 1.2 RC3 IN UBUNTU (17.04, in my case):

mkdir build target
cd build
sudo apt-get install build-essential cmake libsndfile1-dev libfftw3-dev \
libvorbis-dev libogg-dev libmp3lame-dev libasound2-dev libjack-jackd2-dev \
libsamplerate0-dev libsdl-dev libstk0-dev stk libfluidsynth-dev portaudio19-dev \
libfltk1.3-dev libwine-dev:i386 wine32-tools:i386 libxinerama-dev libxft-dev libgig-dev git libqt4-dev 
cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../target/ -WANT_VST=ON -DWANT_QT5=OFF
make -j4
make install
Advertence: This process worked for me, but it might not work for you. To avoid broken dependencies, you should uninstall wine before to start, in case you already have it. Also it's a good idea to disable any third party wine PPA, in case you are using them.

More info: Here and here.
* Edited by Zeioth.
Zeioth wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:57 pm
SOLVED:
Great!
I'm going to write the complete process in case it can be useful to someone else.
I will add your method to our wiki. Thx for sharing!

The visual bug is a disappointment, because this has been tackled before, and were thought to be fixed, indeed there should not be a 'underlay' for vsts at all, so that one confuses me 8|
Cool!

I've been told that it is an known bug that triggers when you enable QT5. So I edited the cmake line to use QT4 instead:

cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../target/ -WANT_VST=ON -DWANT_QT5=OFF
EDIT: Indeed, that solved the problem!