I *love* SFXR and Vibed, but they cause problems...

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
So... SFXR sometimes makes it so that LMMS cannot play any more sounds until the project file is reopened.

Vibed sometimes runs the CPU through the roof with a single note for no reason, and it stays that way until the project file is reopened. It also causes many issues when exporting the project file.

I especially love SFXR, and I would like to make some minor changes in my musical style, but it requires SFXR and I keep having problems with it. It isn't impossible to use, but it is quite difficult since SFXR usually needs much experimentation before you get exactly the sound you want.

Any solutions? I am using LMMS 1.1.3.
Douglas wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:08 pm
So... SFXR sometimes makes it so that LMMS cannot play any more sounds until the project file is reopened.
I believe it is NaN issues you have there.
These occurs when a note makes an oscillator go into a next to infinitive long single wave. Eg the project is in reality not frozen, but the sound-wave is so slow, that you neither can hear it, and also cant stop it.
You can 'fight' it with a limiter, but sometimes that also 'backfires' and the project hangs.
This is being looked at for 1.2, but its too early to applause.
musikbear wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:04 pm
I believe it is NaN issues you have there.
:o
What does NaN mean?
NotANumber
musikbear wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:17 pm
NotANumber
thanks
Douglas wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:08 pm
Can you upload a minimal project with only an SFXR track and steps to reproduce this?