Roland VR 08 VST?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
This stops after loading in my VeSTige in Windows 10. Does anyone know why? I couldn't find it on either wiki list (known to work/not to work) it has a large .bin file and installs in both Program Files and Program Files x86 as a 64 and 32 bit .dll which I was unable to get either location's dll to work after they loaded up and sent their mandatory "upgrade to pro" popup. Thus of course causing endless hourglass/LMMS crash.

Any experiences with this VST? Anyone upgrade to pro and get it to work?

I really like to record the midi in piano roll and this has such excellent sounds. :!:
Mii wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:15 am
This stops after loading in my VeSTige in Windows 10. Does anyone know why?
I think it is a problem related to the size. I checked and

Code: Select all

Win 32 VST
(494.7 Mb)
  V 1.0.81

So ½ a gig.
The first thing that could be a problem is the amount of RAM you have?
The second is that it would take lmms quite some time to load this dll!
So maby lmms is not hanging at all, but simply working with the task to load it! If you have +4 gb RAM, then let lmms work for ½ an hour or so, and see if the dll loads...

Besides that, since you are new here. Welcome to the forum Mii! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

In case you like to introduce yourself to the rest of the community, this is the right place
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Ok thanks for the intro man. I try to always put an avatar at least when I post to a new forum I noticed your greetings on a couple of other posts I was looking for help on :).

I had no problem loading the plugin. That's what was strange. Modern computers don't even blink at a half gig. I watched it load just like it does in my other vst host (which sounds great with it, but has not yet shown to record MIDI in any way ...anyone know a MIDI recording VST?)

I had no problem running programs with larger sample files than this one. I think the hang is over the "free version" double (twice it pops up in different size windows when it doesn't work for some reason in my other VST host) prompt at start. Checking the rsrc 1033 in the .dll I saw that at least two of 5 files there had this pay vsn prompt and shell commands.

It is maybe the 2nd popup like this that is causing the trouble.

I wonder if the pay vsn (44-49$) works. I may pick it up as it is one great sounding plugin. I'll keep ya posted whether it works. :D
Mii wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:20 pm
...anyone know a MIDI recording VST?)
Doubt there are any. Most here uses the program Audacity. It records and can do the sample-stretching that lmms cant (yet), So Audacity is a nice helping program.
I would be prudent about buying a dll that does not work in lmms, in trial-version, but up to you.
musikbear wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:09 pm
Doubt there are any. Most here uses the program Audacity. It records and can do the sample-stretching that lmms cant (yet), So Audacity is a nice helping program.
I would be prudent about buying a dll that does not work in lmms, in trial-version, but up to you.
Update, got it really sorted out since then and found a few ways. Primary way has been to host VR 08 in Live Professor 2 and run it from MIDI in Pro Tools. But I probably also did run it from LMMS at first until the Marimba incident. This was where I required a LMMS restart one time because multiple octaves were sounding from an LMMS single MIDI (single octave) note.

However, marimba was a late add to my session, the first use was with the VR-08. The big issue to overcome was the loopmidi. I am sure you have been aware of LoopMidi solution before. New to me tho.

Of course sample rates, audio engines and windows audio problems were hard to figure too. Thats how come I made YouTube vids covering it all ( https://youtu.be/80t2U2-Om-k ) it's all settled now and I have been recording MIDI happily for some time in both LMMS and Pro Tools to send to Live Professor 2 hosting VSTs.

:lol: ;)