Recording pitch change effects/simulating them(piano roll)

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Im making my first stab at a house track, ive got my drums and a few notes from that nifty alieno vst down with some hats. Now im working on this flute lead using dsk asian dreamz using my mpk mini 2. Naturally when finding the right sound for the track i used the analog stick on the mini, which adjusts the pitch knob on the vestige window for the instrument. This feature made it easy to translate very closely what i had in my head, but when i record it and play it back, the pitch changes werent there. I tried recording it in audacity using waspi and loading it back up via audiofileprocessor but the timing was off. I tried rerecording it at c5 in audacity and draging it to c7 where i want it when i loaded it back in, thinking that may resolve it but it did not. I exported the rest of the track to listen to while i recorded as to have a reference and to keep it from being recorded as well, so i know my timing is atleast decent. But that was my failed approach. Id like to do it right if at all possible in lmms though. Its just one note spanning four bars being bent about 11 times. Any insight is appreciated!
openSourcerer wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:55 pm
Its just one note spanning four bars being bent about 11 times. Any insight is appreciated!
This is depending on being able to bind the peripheral to an automation-track, if the HW item on your midi-akai kb, can be allocated to an automatio-track, then you can right-click the block, and select RECORD
Then any movement of the hw-control would be 'recorded' as a graph in the block

Thats the best advice i can give. does not own any peripherals
Thanks so much. I really appreciate it. My apologies for being such a novice! Aside from the user manual, is there any other reccomended reading you would suggest?
So you got it working? Great!
openSourcerer wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:46 am
is there any other reccomended reading you would suggest?
Nah, our documentation is not the best. We try to update, but the wiki is in need of a re-furbish- but so far the wiki is the most updated source. There is a book, it is some years old now. I never bought it, but it is listed in the 'useful resources' in wiki
All the links in 'useful resources' are worth at least a glance