Moving the entire song in the Song Editor

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
First post.

I am new. Just 2 months into my LMMS journey. I’m a wanna be making some Ambient Downtempo the likes of Solar Fields, CBL, Stellardrone, ASURA and even E-MANTRA.

Yeah, yeah I know that’s a reach and then some. Aim high right.

My question is this. When I’m assembling and adjusting my tracks in the Song Editor and I want to add something to the start of my composition, is there an easy way for me to move my entire thing to the right, thus opening up more space at the beginning of the track. Or do I have to manually move it a line (or even a piece) at a time?

As a carpenter we had a Mythical device called a "Board Stretcher". I was hoping LMMS has a Song Editor stretcher... ;)

I may start creating new tracks out at like the 30th element, just to leave some space at the beginning.

Any suggestions?
You're welcome!

In LMMS 1.1.3, take a look on the SongEditor toolbar, there is a selection tool (the icon representing a dotted rectangle, just to the right of the pencil icon) that allows you to select and move several blocks in the Editor.

It's OK?
Scott :) wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:51 am
First post. I am new. Just 2 months into my LMMS journey.
Welcome to the forum Scott! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

In case you like to introduce yourself to the rest of the community, this is the right place
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
is there an easy way for me to move my entire thing to the right, thus opening up more space at the beginning of the track.
Not only a 'stretcher' but even 'shrinker' :P
We can move all blocks from the playhead both up and down-stream in song-editor. So first
* place play-head at the point you want the change
* hold SH
* tab INSERT and all moves up-stream
* tab DEL and all moves down-stream

In piano-roll, i found a method to do something similar. You can watch how to do that here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtNHraUJBLU

( You can block select as ipsum suggest, but if any block is now selected it will be in wrong pos )
Hello musikBear,

Thank you for the directions on how to easily move my blocks around. Your video demonstration will make my time in piano roll editor easier as well.

Scott