How to save my ears?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello, so, I change filter on one presed and get VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY loud sound

I dont see any option which can block loud souds.
KAT_Editor wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:25 pm
Hello,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum KAT_Editor !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
so, I change filter on one presed and get VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY loud sound
my guess MOOG-filter!
There are some basics you as a producer must know. One of these is that a moog-filter bever can have more resonance that 0.8!
If you pass over that limit, you get a serious distortion!
You could have read that in the documentation:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... or#Filters
I dont see any option which can block loud souds.
There is none, and afaik, there is non in any DAW available!
You should take care of those situation yourself, meaning that the first time you attempt something, do start in low Master-volume, and then cranck it up to a value that you like.
We have discussed a 'panic-button', that would cut the master-volume with one click, but Master-volume is always visible infront of you as you use lmms:
That is on Main-component, and always in focus:
-So cutting down master-volume is right there infront of you, and gone with one click
preset* Thanks for answer, yes, its moog filter, I changing filters with L/R MB, and got this bad boy
"Moog-filters must never have more 0.85 of resonance!", so, what a problem to block sound with that resonance (I mean why LMMS dont block it)? Its really hurt ears, I abruptly took off my headphones at this moment :) And anti-loud option will be also useful.
KAT_Editor wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:35 am
so, what a problem to block sound with that resonance (I mean why LMMS dont block it)
Because if something like that is part of the engine, there are situations where it will conflict with other sound-generation features. It is important that the core of a DAW does not block synthesizing options. Even the extreme noise from a saturated moog-filter, may be used by someone, in some effect-way -Try banging the sound out for 1/192 experiment with delays..
That kind of options must be available. There are a LOT of other situations where you can get absurdly and dangerous output from electronic instruments, with effects, especially escalating /self enhancing ones. In the documentation i believe i wrote a recommendation to not use headphones at all, when working with sound-synthesis. Pro-engineers would btw never use headphones in those circumstances.
Not a permament block :) its a free program, so here can work absolute beginners, including kids which dont know english.
Add a limiter effect (e.g Fast Lookahead limiter) on the master mixer channel, and set the "limit" or "threshold" low enough. If there is an "attack" parameter, set it to minimum. If there is a "lookahead" value, set it high unless latency is a big issue.
Ahhhh, poor ears. x_X

Musikbear is right. If you're doing sound-synthesis, and you're planning to experiment with sounds, stay away from headphones.

I recommend speakers for this.

Tip: Before you do anything in a daw, especially if its sound-synthesis, always remember to turn down the volume on the speaker, or lower down the volume on the daw, or lower down the volume on the plugin, before doing any sound related/sound synthesis stuff. I do this all the time before I do anything.