install LMMS 1.2.0-RC3 -> microsoft words 2010 broken

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
This is somehow a bug report. (not quite a question)
It contains symptom and way to reproduce.

Yesterday, I have installed LMMS beta 1.2.0-RC3 from https://lmms.io/download/#windows on 2 computers.

Issue 1: Microsoft Words broken

Today, both computers couldn't open Microsoft Words 2010. (double click and nothing happen)
Still, both can open Microsoft Excel 2010.

First, I clicked at Control Panel > Programs and Features > Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
to repair, but it said OSETUP.DLL cannot be loaded. (same as https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... roprevious)

Then, I did a system restore on one of the computer. It went back 2 days.
The restored computer can use Microsoft Words again.

Because of curiosity, I revisited the Control Panel.
I clicked Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010, but the OSETUP.DLL error didn't happen anymore.

I believe LMMS installer somehow corrupt Microsoft Office. This issue doesn't happen for LMMS 1.1.3.

Specification : I am using Windows 7 64bits, desktop.

Issue 2: stretched pop up start menu

There is also another issue that appear only while I have LMMS 1.2 on my computer.
Start menu is stretched out abnormally.

Here is the normal case :-

Here is the problematic case :-
hyyou wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:38 am
I believe LMMS installer somehow corrupt Microsoft Office. This issue doesn't happen for LMMS 1.1.3.
I very much not believe so.
Osetup.dll is a file that is needed by Microsoft Office to install correctly. It is a DLL file (Dynamic Link Library) that is also used once Office is installed to control plugins and other add-ons that Office uses.
Lmms does not delete or move any files in any other directories. If that file was missing, it has to be related to something else.
Start menu is stretched out abnormally.
What i think is happening here is that you have a 2000K+ screen, and the screen is the issue. Others using RC2 have not reported this, so it looks to me as if you have a specific local hw issue

Do you sleep your pc?
If so, stop.
Sleep is a horrible feature in windows, and all kind of mess accumulate. Cold-Restart pc once every day

But ofcause, if you have detected a new real issue, we need to address it, by i really doubt this is an lmms related issue.

Reproducing will be impossible. Only a clone / ghost of all your sw and an identical hw, would be valid.